chapter 20

addisons pov

"awww" i say as we reach a cute candlelit dinner by a lake. "this is beautiful bryce" i say before placing a kiss on his lips. "come on" he says grabbing onto my hand and guiding me to the table. he pulled out a chair for me allowing me to sit before sitting down.

"wine?" he asks me as i nod

"wine?" he asks me as i nod. he pours some wine into his glass after pouring some into mine. we ate the food served and had deep long conversations before bryce stands up. "follow me" he says holding onto my hand again and bringing me to a deck by the lake.

we sit down in silence enjoying the scenery and the breeze. i then felt a tap on my shoulder so i look to the side to see bryce holding a small box and a letter. he held onto the box as he passed me the letter. i opened the letter and read it out loud.

"Sometimes the way I love you frightens me, and I don't mean this in the sense that I would do anything stupid if I suffered the heartbreak of losing you. Rather it's like I have always prided myself on my independence, but now every waking second of every blessed day is devoted to inescapable thoughts of you. Maybe this is an obsession; I don't know. I asked my mom about it, and she told me that if the way I feel is a mental illness, than love is a disease all men have suffered from during some point in their lives. So to put it succinctly, I love you." i read as tears fill up my eyes. i looked over to bryce with a smile on my face before continuing to read.

"I'd rather have the entire world against me and hold your hand rather than be separated from you and be the leader of the entire earth. If there is an emotion stronger than this, if it is possible for me to love a woman even more than I love you, then that's honestly a sensation I never want to experience, or else I'd probably perish from starvation and lack of personal care due to spending the entirety of time composing letters like this!" my voice was now breaking.

bryce then hands me the small box that he was holding. i opened it slowly and cautiously. as i opened the box, my jaw dropped. "oh my god" i said with tears dripping down my face.

he showed me a necklace that he had on with a little "A" on it

he showed me a necklace that he had on with a little "A" on it. "i love you so much" i say to him before pulling him into a hug. as we sat there in each others arms, bryces phone started blowing up with notifications and he was getting many calls.

he declined each and every one of them until he saw that blake was calling. "answer it" i say. "okay" he responds before bringing the phone to his ears.

__________________

bryces pov

"blake didnt i tell you not to call toni-" i start to say but was interrupted. "bryce this is an emergency" he said with his voice breaking. "blake- whats going on? you're getting me worried." i say.

"josh-" he says. "josh what?" i asked starting to get worried as josh was one of my best friends too. "josh is in the hospital" he says. "what?! why?! what happened?!" i questioned slightly raising my voice.

"he tried to kill himself bryce" blake said after taking a deep breath. "no he didnt! that isnt josh" i yelled knowing that josh would never do that. "im sorry bryce but you have to accept it. nessa cheated on him with jaden" blake says. "that bitch" i mumble.

at this point there were tears forming in my eyes. "which hospital?! tell me! im coming right now. i-" i said but was cut off. "bryce please calm down" blake says as i take a deep breath. "we are in Beverly Hospital" blake says.

"will be there right away" i say hanging up. i put down my phone and put my head in my hands. i look over to addison who had a confused but worried look on her face. "adds- im really sorry for having to ruin this date but josh is in the hospital".

"oh my god! what happened?! is nessa okay?!" addison asked. i completely forgot that nessa and addison are basically best friends too. i stare to the ground not knowing what to say before addison breaks the silence. "bryce?" she calls out.

"NOT EVERYTHING IS ABOUT NESSA OKAY?!" i yell at her.

________________

a/n oop!! ill probably be taking a 5 day break or so from this story to get back on track <3 ily

[795 words]