Chapter 81: Out of Line (part 1)

Jae In sat on her bed, with her eyes glued on the phone, and her fingers touched the screen. She clicked 'PLAY' button on her phone, and within one second, the song 'MTBD' by CL breaks the silence in her room.

She dropped the phone down, and while shaking her head following the beat, she rolled her eyes.

She's tired.

A lot of dramas are going on right now in JYP, and everyone's busy with their comebacks and new plans. She exhaled. Where is Hee Young right? If only she knows that Mark went insane.

"Does it... that complicated dating is?" She said to herself. Her thoughts flew to JB and everything that has been happening.

She's always been fond of JB... since the first time they met. When JB said that she's cool. That's a really nice thing to say. Especially when everyone around her usually called her 'beautiful' or 'pretty' and most of them even called her 'cold'.

She's been wearing that cold expression and gestures, working hardest than everyone else, and finally someone see her.. in the way that she always wanted.

'You're so cool'

And those praises kept on flowing from JB's mouth whenever they met each other for the almost pass one year. They stayed friends, but these weeks are different.

He contacted her more. He looked for her more. He showed affection. His stare changed.

He felt so close than ever.

Her cheeks are burning, and suddenly 'MTBD' stopped playing, waking her up from her deep thoughts. The song stopped playing, replaced by a calling ringtone.

With twisted eyebrows, Jae In raised her phone and answered the call.

"Ne, yeoboseyo?" She answered politely.

"Yes, good afternoon. Am I speaking to Park Jae In?" A female's voice was heard.

"Hmm, yes, this is me," Jae In answered.

"Well, I am Lydia Baek.. and I work in YG Entertainment," By her tone of voice, Jae In knew that Lydia Baek was smiling as she spoke.

"Uhm.. Ne," Jae In bluntly respond.

Lydia chuckled, "Hahaha, alright, I know that this call surprised you and it might be confusing right now. But... I heard your demo CD,"

Jae In swallowed, "My demo?"

"Yeah, you dropped your demo CD at YG.. right?" Lydia sounded confuse, "Because... where might in the world I can find your CD?"

"Uh, yeah, yeah," Jae In quickly responded again, "I did.. drop my demo CD at YG,"

Lydia exhaled, sounded relieved, "Hehehe, yes, so.. I found your demo in the pile of audition letters and demos. You were applying for an audition, am I right?"

Jae In swallowed nervously, "Yes, I did,"

There's a short moment of silence, before Lydia breaks it with an awkward laugh, "Yeah, and... after I asked the staff, she said that she hadn't get any answer from you. Did you get the reply letter from YG?"

"Yes, I got them already," Jae In answered.

"Hmm, okay... Why aren't you responding then? Are you changing your mind or something?" Lydia's voice sounds very friendly and concerned now, which brought Jae In's surprise.

Jae In thinks the hardest, "Hmm, I am still thinking... about it,"

Lydia didn't answer for a moment, before continuing, "Okay then. But.. I decided to call you personally, because I have something to say to you. And it is a good thing,"