Chapter 69: Stupid Monkey Love

Jae In raised her eyes in surprise, before looking away and put the rose down. She exhaled, looking tired. Sunny and I looked at each other, nodding in agreement.

She likes JB.

"Hey," Sunny putted her hand on Jae In's shoulder, "It's okay to like him. Why you feel so embarassed? I thought liking someone is more fun when you tell your friends about it,"

Jae In turned her head to face Sunny, and then she looked at me.

I nodded in agreement to what Sunny just said, "Sunny is right, Jae In-a. Why did you hide it from us? If you share it with us, we can help you, and it will be more fun. Just like Mark and I,"

Jae In took a deep breath, and Sunny pulled her hand, making her seat on the dining table. We all sat down together.

There's a long moment of silence.

"You are so cold towards him, Jae In-a," Sunny pouted while looking at her, "I've been watching you, and whenever JB oppa or other GOT7 oppas talked to you, you replied to simply. Try to be sweeter, Jae In-a! You're a girl!"

Jae In scoffed while looking away, and I called her to add what Sunny just said.

"Yeah, and when we were in Malaysia, you're so cold to JB oppa. If you like him all this time, why you always acted like this?" I raised my voice too, getting impatient.

Jae In finally turned back her head, to give me and Sunny her stare. Her usual cold stare.

"Look," She began with a serious tone, "To get into JYP, I have to work hard. I mean it, I have to work really hard,"

Sunny and I listened to her.

"I have to work hard to get in, and now I have to work harder to stay. I have to work more than just work hard, once I debuted. Can't you guys see it?" Jae In's tone was getting higher too, "I already left school, left my parents and everything for this. I am not here to date, I am not here to play around. I am here to be an idol, not to get involved in some kind of.... stupid monkey love with my senior who might hurt me,"

I didn't even blink as she said that. By the way she said it, it seemed like, she's been hurt before. Or maybe, she's afraid to getting hurt.

Stupid monkey love?

"You're right about that," Sunny slowly said, "But.. isn't life will be more fun when you fall in love?"

Now Jae In and I looked at her.

"I mean.. it's okay if the relationship won't work out. At least, you tried and... falling in love is fun, right? Look at Hee Young now.. she's so happy with Mark oppa," Sunny looked hesistant, but she keeps on talking.

"And," I opened up as well, "I actually think that JB oppa kinda likes you too, you know?"

Jae In scoffed again, "No, life is fun just the way it is. Why would you try to be happy for just a moment, when you know that one day you'll hurt? You know that one day you'll break up, right?"

You know that one day you'll break up, right?

I stared at her in disbelief, while she kept on speaking, "And Hee Young's happy? You really think that her relationship is happy? Look at her forehead! Look at that scar those sasaeng fans made! Look at at those scandals. You think they are actually happy about it?"

Sunny stood up really fast, making a loud sound when her chair was pushed to the back by her fast movement, "Jae In-a, how dare you say such a thing?!"

Jae In stood up as well, glaring at me and Jae In, "If you want to debut seriously, I don't think we should date right now,"

She pulled off her mask really fast, before leaving the dorm really fast, banging the door. Sunny and I didn't even have a chance to stop her. We just stayed there, watching.