CHAPTER 15 THE PAST, OUR RIVALRY

The day passes and the day of the first car race of Yusuke is soon to come, the end of his school he instantly go to the race club to practise drifting and fast speeding.
Every day isn't new for him. Especially Lin Zihong always tease him to be his friends but Yusuke keeps ignoring him.

"Did you hear that Lin Zihong debuted as one of the members of a boy group xpecial?" Lee said. Lee is one of the car racers who had been chosen to race alongside Yusuke and Zihong.
"And so? What is it to me then?" Yusuke said grumpily to Lee Looking so furious?
"Nothing I just said to you so..." Lee pause when he saw Zihong approaching their way.
"Hi, ready to practise both of you?" Zihong asks looking at Lee and Yusuke.
"What do you think? We're playing around here?!" Yusuke said grumpily walking away and bump Zihong's shoulder.
"What's wrong with him?" Lee asks Zihong.
While Zihong just raises his shoulder meaning he doesn't know.

The three of them start their practice as usual Lin Zihong and Yusuke competing against each other again and again. Mr Choi looks at them full of happiness as he smiles so wide looking at his racer who doesn't want to lose.
The practice did Mr Choi ask all the racer and crew to have dinner in the near restaurant. All of them go expect of Zihong and Yusuke.
"Both of you, you wouldn't come?" Mr Choi ask
"You both don't need to be serious about this. Let's have fun in a meantime" he added taking Yusuke and Zihong staff and walk towards the car.
"Come on what you've been waiting for?" Lee shouted waving his hands to Zihong and Yusuke.
They both go to dinner with the crew, all of them are having fun. Assuring the race will be good and smooth

The dinner is done all of them go home.
The next day comes, the day they're been waiting for the first car race of Yusuke. They all prepared nothing forgotten, the cars are on set and ready to race...

The engine starts, crowds are cheering and shouting Yusuke never expect that there would be so many people who watch the car race, his heartbeat too fast as he is so nervous and he starts to lose his hope of winning, he looks so down and sweating so cold. Zihong instantly notices that Yusuke was too nervous and he walks at Yusuke.
Patting Yusuke shoulder and smirk, facing Yusuke and look at his eyes down to his lips and back to his eyes again.
"You see if you lost here let's be good friend shall we?" Zihong said with teasingly looking at Yusuke's eyes, both of their faces are so close to each other they can even feel their breath rushing in the air.
"Hell noooo...??!! There's no way I will lose to you?!" Yusuke said pulling Sam away from him and all of a sudden he brings his conference back again.

Zihong face looks reddish as he walks away from Yusuke.
"Gosh, why I keep on looking at his eyes and lips... Oh, no... Nooo..!!" Zihong whispers to himself while messing his hair. "Cuz' he looks so cute, I just can't stop looking at him, oh, no, no, no!!!!" He added walking as fast as he could.

The race begins all of the racers are in their possession crews and the other race club member and managers are on cue, all of them are so ready. Engine start flag is waving and the green light on its start of the race that all of the participants are waiting for. Yusuke as a beginner in an actual competition has greater confidence in himself. He overtake those cars in front of him, waiting to overtake Zihongs' car but, Zihong never let him pass.
Both of them are on the fire of their race,

Crowds are cheering black and white flag is waving the finish line is near Yusuke and Zihong both of them take the lead. And Zihong never let Yusuke pass. The finish line is up ahead Zihong took a win next is Yusuke and the other car racer..
They announce the winner, Zihong smile so wide racing his cup and the air looking at Yusuke side while Yusuke smiles shyly at the crowd.
"So, let's be friends?" Zihong says to Yusuke lowering his head and give Yusuke a smirk.
"In, your pretty dream?!" Yusuke replies silently and gives a smooth smile to the crowd.
The race is done Yusuke got his first win as a second place, it's worth the practise the days, hours and weeks none stop practising, it worth to be second place. Yusuke was so very happy to look at his medal on his neck and the small 2nd placer trophy for a first-timer.

Yusuke's grandparents came to him and gave him a warm hug as his parents call on the phone. Both of his parents were so happy about his first win. Those smile on his face could not hide how happy Yusuke is.
Yusuke introduces his grandparents to Mr Choi and the others.
"Your grandson was so good at racing we hope that he will race till our next Asia racing cup." Mr Choi said to Yusuke's grandparents

Yusuke and his grandparents went home while the others were making their way home as well.
When Yusuke and his grandparents arrived at their house, Yusuke's phone ring it was his parents who call.
"Hello, Papa" Yusuke answer his phone.
"Hello son, how are you? Congratulation to your race" Yusuke's father said over the phone
"Sorry, honey was not there to support you, but we're so happy for you honey we love you so much!" His mom said with a happy tone of her voice.
"I won 2nd place, mama, sorry I want to win first place but, that Lin Zihong won it, sorry I'll do my very best next time mama, papa," Yusuke said assuring his parents and his voice sound happy as he never be.
"Son, we are so glad you won, it's good for a first-timer to won 2nd place, don't push yourself too hard and let yourself be more friendly, as I talk to Mr Choi you never talk to anyone in the race club," his father said with a little bit worry on his voice.
"You'll see honey, it's better to have friends sometimes, it's not just for you to hung out with but to make you more comfortable in Taiwan sound good right?" Yusuke's mother added
"Soon honey we see each other but, for now, be a good boy your turning 20 in less than 2years so be good boy, okay I and your papa misses you so much, honey," Yusuke's mama said and the call was ended
His grandparents cooked for him, and all of them eat their dinner, and the unforgettable Yusuke first car race pass by and another day comes. Yusuke smile so unusual waking up on a lovely morning and readying his stuff for school and the race club.

His school is done, his driver fetches him from school and take him to his race club the same routine he always had.
Entering the entrance of the car racing club, he had that energy he never had before a happy face he shows to others greeting them happily. Lee notices the changes in his facial expression from grumpy to a bit happy Yusuke.
"Yo, Yusuke good afternoon," Lee approaches him.
"Oh, hi Lee," Yusuke reply.
"Congratulation, by the way," Lee said looking at Yusuke
"Oh thank you, beginners luck maybe." Yusuke reply
Lee and Yusuke walks towards their locker room when they both heard Zihong and Mr Choi voice inside the locker.
"Zihong, you can't do all of this you're an idol now and it's hard for you to handle both racing and being an idol." Mr Choi said to Zihong
"I can, I'll talk to my mom and my company I won't let my race gone I will handle things, don't worry" Zihong explain to Mr Choi with a low tone of his voice and a bit of sadness as well.
Lee and Yusuke enter the locker room, Yusuke walks instantly towards his locker and put his stuff inside.
"Yusuke, I'll go first. See you at the race track." Lee said to Yusuke taking his leave.
Yusuke moves slowly and all of a sudden he looked at Zihongs way.
Zihong we're setting on the chair in their locker room. Looking upset his both arm was in his knees. Zihong looks at Yusuke as well giving a smile that looks so weird.

"Congratulations to you by the way, but next time for sure I'll win over you," Yusuke said closing his locker.
"Okay, I'll wait until that day you can win over me, you see you never win, I'll assure you that, if I'm still here you will be 2nd and I'll be the first. Don't take this as a treat but, a piece of advice." Zihong said with a hard husky tone of his voice never as before he never teases Yusuke this time. He just stands up and walks out of their locker room.

Yusuke left inside blank and wondering why does Lin Zihong be so grumpy this time. Looking at Lin Zihongs locker keeps him from wondering what happen to Zihong, just like yesterday he keeps on teasing Yusuke but now he's grumpy. Yusuke keeps his mind wander as he walks through the race field where the crew and L Lee whereat.
The crew smiling at Yusuke and give him big applause and congratulate him for his winning.
"Zihong left already," Lee said to one of their crew members.
"He left? Why?" Yusuke asks and keeps wonder.
"Oh, he has a schedule now, he's going to be busy because he recently debuts as an idol, so let's support him as well." One of the crew members said. Looking at Lee and Yusuke.
"So, he can't race anymore? Does he still want to race?" Yusuke asks with full of concern and tilts his head to the left while taking his car keys, Lee and he takes their car and practises.
It's never the same sa Zihong we're there to tease Yusuke, Yusuke practises more normally not unlike when his rival was there.