CHAPTER 17 THE PAST CLOSER TOGETHER

Sunday morning the race club is closed at this day Yusuke spent his Sunday with his grandparents, Yusuke is having a good time with them. But he always wants to study alone in his room this day is the rest day of all the crew and the racer. Yusuke still wonders what does the Asian race cup looks like, still wonders even if his studying his lessons at school Yusuke have good grades he never forgets to study when he gets home from the racing club, that is why his parents were so proud of him. Giving him the best all the best he wanted. The day pass so fast Yusuke ask his grandparents that he would like to have a small walk outside.
"Grandma, grandpa can I have a walk outside I finish my homework and I finish the study for my exam, can I?" Yusuke ask his grandparents who were sitting on their sofa.
"Yes my boy, you can, be careful okay?" His grandpa said.
"Come home before dinner sweetheart," his grandma added.
"Yes I will," Yusuke give a hug to his grandparents and take his leave.

Yusuke walks into the park and bumps into a guitar store. He walks in and looks inside.
The guitar got his interest while seeing he had another hobby to learn with.
He leaves at the guitar shop and walks in the street looking around the night come so fast. And all of a sudden he just walk out of nowhere when he realises he was at the front of their car racing club. He wonders why does the club had its lights on and he heard the sound of a race car. Yusuke walks in and runs through the race field when he saw no one is in there, just one car keep on racing by its self.
"Who must be racing it's evening now and the club is closed, who let that person in?" Yusuke said to himself while looking around, looking so curious whom might that car racer who still practise. Yusuke thought it was Lee cuz' Lee is one of the racers who want to race alongside him and Zihong. He waited till the race car stop at the finish line where he was.

As the car stopped where he standing Yusuke instantly recognise the guy who gets off the car it's Lin Zihong who was driving the race car.
"What are you doing here? Practising alone.?" Yusuke approached Zihong putting his hand inside the pocket of his black reap jeans.
"Alone?" He said again.
"Yup, I don't have much time to do practise so I came here," Zihong said while sitting on the bench of the race track.
"I'm quite busy so I can't..." Zihong pauses his sentence when Yusuke give him a soft pat on his head sitting beside him.
"You can make it right?" Yusuke said. Looking at Lin Zihong exhausted face.
Yusuke gives him a drink which he brought along the way.
"Thank you, you don't need to be worry I can race. I will race!" Zihong said assuring Yusuke while opening the drink Yusuke give.
The cold night the both of them are so silent, no one broke the silence just them looking at the race field.
" We can make it till the Asian race cup," Zihong said to Yusuke looking at his eyes.
"So how is it being an idol?" Yusuke asks with curiosity looking at Zihong, Yusuke's question make Zihong smile happily knowing that Yusuke talks a lot recently.
"Well it's good so many people you meet and even you can have good friends there, it's quite tiring day by day but I need to take a car practice. I can't give up racing just because I enter show business." Zihong said while giving a deep sigh and a serious look on his face.
"You don't need to be worried that much, I'm still here, I will still race alongside with you. Till we reach the Asian race." Zihong added moving closely at Yusuke's side.
While Yusuke looks at Zihong, focusing on his eyes. Zihong holds his face again and moves even more closer to him makes their faces meet each other. Like Zihong want to kiss him, underneath the night Zihong heartbeat keep beating so fast like the whole world can hear, while Yusuke is sitting firm looking at Zihongs' hazelnut eyes, Zihong put himself back to where it was when he moved his lips closer to Yusuke its just an inch, just an inch he about to kiss Yusuke, then he pulls himself away. Yusuke never moves nor push Zihong away. Zihong leans his back on the bench looking at Yusuke reddish face and shy eyes.
"Sorry, I shouldn't move any closer," Zihong said looking at him.
"I'm used to it, well this is the way how you tease me all the time there's nothing new about it," Yusuke said looking his way through the racing field.
Yusuke feels his face are so hot his heartbeat go so fast.
"I hope he never hears my heartbeat" Yusuke whisper to himself.
"Well, so we're friends now?" Zihong said lending his right hand to Yusuke.
"Friends?! Duh. You are more like my rival. I will win the Asian race cup, I assure you that.!!" Yusuke said while he gives Zihong a handshake. Both of them laugh and. Talks more about the race, how Yusuke practise a lot during the end of his class.
"After my class, I'm focusing practice and practice. So that I will win the next race." With a laugh on Yusuke's voice. Zihong and Yusuke exchanges giggle while Yusuke pushes him when he laughs too much that makes Zihong had more and more interest in him.
"It's nice to talk to you like this. I hope everyone will see you like this every day, stop hiding from everyone in the car racing club. Even if I'm not there to practise, you can be more friendly right?" Zihong said to Yusuke that make Yusuke push him even harder. With a shy face, Yusuke just said.
"I'll try tho, mama and papa said that as well. But maybe I can try."

Both of them exchanges giggles when Yusuke, phone rings, it's his grandparents who call.
"Hello, grandma?" Yusuke answer
"Hello sweetheart, where are your dinner, is on its way come on to go home your grandpa is worried here," his grandma said over the phone.
"Yes, grandma I will, but can I bring my friend to eat dinner with us?" Yusuke said to his grandma making his grandma's voice seems to be excited.
Yusuke asks Zihong to have dinner with them and Zihong said he will.
Walking right through Yusuke's grandparent's house makes Lin Zihong look so nervous.
"How old are you again?" Zihong ask Yusuke while walking in the street
"I'm 18 now, soon when I turn 20 my mama said I could live on my own." Yusuke reply.
"And how old are you now by the way?" Yusuke added
"I'm turning 21," Zihong reply.
"By the way, why you didn't move your face away earlier?" He asks.
"Well, I'm kinda used to it it's the way how you tease me. Every time, who would not used to that kind of stuff your pulling on me." Yusuke reply looking at Zihong curiously.
"What if I'm not teasing, what if I kissed you earlier, you would not move your face away?" Zihong said while he stops in the middle of their walk through Yusuke's grandparent's house.
"Well, will you do that? I mean who would kiss a man right?" Yusuke replies while walking backwards looking at Zihong.
Zihong walks faster to catch him while saying.
"What if I'll do will you punch me so hard?" With a teasing tone of his voice that made Yusuke heartbeat race when both of their faces meet.
"Are you crazy? Stop joking around." Yusuke reply.

Both of them arrived in Yusuke's grandparents' house when his grandma approached them warmly.
"Welcome home sweetheart, and oh, is this your friend? Quite good looking young man!".
" yes grandma, his name is Lin Zihong,
Lin Zihong this is my loving grandma and grandpa." Yusuke introduces both parties.

His grandparents warmly give Zihong a welcome since Zihong is the only friend Yusuke had in Taiwan,
"You'll see Zihong, Yusuke never had a friend before, well you're the lucky one who opens his door for a friend!" Yusuke grandma said while putting food on Zihongs'.
"Yusuke doesn't eat veggies that is why we made this dinner. It's not likely he will eat veggies tho." Yusuke grandpa said. Happily putting Yusuke food on his plate.
"Thank you, grandpa," Yusuke said while bowing politely to his grandparents.
They eat peacefully, Yusuke's grandparents notice how Yusuke smile in front of Zihong and how he talks a lot.
His grandparents smile wide when they saw a sudden change in their grandson's behaviour.
"Did your parents know where you are Zihong?" Yusuke grandma asks Zihong.
"Yes, I texted them. And give the address to them so my driver can pick me up here." Zihong replied softly while looking at Yusuke's grandparents.

They've done their dinner Zihong sits on the sofa when Yusuke's grandma ask him.
"You see Zihong it's nice to see Yusuke laughed this much. He never laughs like that before, we'll he smiles but, not that much. He always at his room studying, his always at the race club practising, so thank you for being his friend." Yusuke grandma says while patting Zihongs shoulder.

On the other side of the house, Yusuke and his grandpa were washing the dishes,
"You look so happy now my boy?" His grandpa said
"No, I'm not this is usually I am." He replies while continuing to wash the dishes.
"Well, we're so glad that you enjoying and being happy around with your friend, stay happy okay? His grandpa added finishing the dishes that their washing.

The doorbell of the house ring and Zihong's driver is on the doorstep,
" it's time for me to go, thank you so much for your warm welcome and hopefully we can meet each other again." Zihong said to Yusuke's grandparents giving them a bow.
"Take care," Yusuke said waving his left hand to Zihong. But Zihong walks towards him and make their forehead bump into each other and both of them smile.
"Bye, thank you for today, hopefully, we can win the race," Zihong said giving his goodbye to Yusuke.
Yusuke walks Zihong outside and he let Zihong get into his car. Zihong left with a smile on Yusuke's face.