6: The Bull and the idiot

Meld was in crisis. And it was understandable why.

Ten meters in diameter, bluish skin, scarlet eyes and two bull horns, it was a Behemoth.

There used to be a group of adventurers who called themselves the strongest. But it wasn't out of arrogance, they really were the strongest adventurers. The group of 20 adventurers entered the Orcus Dungeon declaring that they would dominate it, but only one of these adventurers returned and the cause of this was this creature that was in the last room on the 65th floor.

There was only one person alive who had met Behemoth in person.... it was Meld Loggins, the surviving adventurer. that day Meld saw fear.

This creature had slaughtered his friends, but Meld had no desire for revenge. On the contrary, Meld was thinking how to escape from this place as fast as possible, for he knew that the hero and his group had no chance against this creature at their current level.

If Rimuru and the knights were here they could have a great chance of escape with Rimuru, Meld and Kouki slowing the Behemoth down while the knights made their way among the skeletons.

But now there were only him and the students here, he knew that the students would not be able to battle the skeletons.

As they trained on the upper floors Meld realized that most of them were easily frightened by the monsters. In this unfamiliar situation they were not going to be able to kill all those skeletons.

"Shit! Kouki and his group make your way between those skeletons while I hold this thing!"

"Meld-san I'll help you, let's kill this monster!"

"Idiot! That monster killed the strongest adventurers that ever lived! You don't stand a chance with him!"

"Still I can't abandon you!"'

"Me too!"

Kouki and Ryutaru spoke confidently. Meld realized that they were not going to give up and began to prepare for battle.

●●●

The rest of the students were being attacked by the skeletons.

They were too scared to have any combat coordination, so they were simply attacking the skeletons.

Hajime was scared too, but he didn't lose his ration, he realized that they had to run away when he felt the pressure emitted by the giant bull.

He was killing the skeletons by making them slide off the bridge and fall into the chasm under the bridge when he saw that the girl next to him was about to be attacked. He used transmute on the ground and made the skeleton slide. One of the students took the opportunity and killed the skeleton. Meanwhile Hajime supported the back of the girl who was lying on the ground and said

"Look don't worry, they are not that strong if you calm down. Even because everyone but me is very strong."

He said that and gave a smile to reassure her.

"O...thank you."

Hajime helped her up and then rushed off in Kouki's direction.

When he got there he saw Meld injecting mana into his sword that was wedged into the ground while forming a barrier, preventing the Behemoth from getting through. However the barrier was almost in pieces.

Meanwhile Kouki and his group were discussing whether to retreat or not.

"Amanogawa, we need your help!"

●●●

While the students were fighting with the skeletons.

Behemoth attacked once again and the barrier was beginning to give way.