42: The Duchy of Ancadi

After the young man regained consciousness, the group took him into the car and gave him water to drink. Then the young man explained his story.

His name was Viz Fuad Zengain and he was the son of the ruler of the Duchy of Ancadi, which was the only country that existed in the desert. This country used a lot of seafood and was the main supplier of food to mankind.

After Viz introduced himself, the members of the group introduced themselves and Viz was amazed to learn that they were Apostles of God and also Golden Adventurers.

After that Viz told about his illness and why he was here.

Four days ago a crisis came to the Duchy of Ancadi. Several people were infected by a disease that made them unconscious and lose control of their magic power. Before long there were 3,000 infected (the total population is 270,000) and the disease continued to spread and many died.

  The doctors didn't know what caused it, but one day, by accident, one of them used analytical magic on the city water, and to his surprise, he realized that it was contaminated.

All the water in Ancadi came from a large Oasis and after further analysis it was discovered that the Oasis water was contaminated with an unknown substance.

After that it was chaos because there was very little uncontaminated water and the disease was spreading fast. However, there was a way to suppress the disease. The Serene Stone.

This disease damaged people out of control of their magical power, but this stone could calm it down. If ground into a powder, this stone could even cure the disease. The Serene Stone could be found inside the Guryen Volcano, which is also a dungeon that lies north of Ancadi.

So Viz, at the behest of his father went towards the Haihiri Kingdom to get help from the adventurers and the church to enter the Guryen Dungeon. He also went for food aid as the crop had been infected by the water, but he fainted on the way because he was infected with the disease. In fact, the reason the magical Beasts didn't attack him when he was passed out was because of fear of the disease.

"My symptoms hadn't appeared at the beginning of the trip, but they came on hard after a day's travel and made me faint."

Viz looked guilty for not making it to the Kingdom. He seemed to have a great sense of responsibility to his people and couldn't stand to see them suffer. Viz was thinking that he was very lucky to be found by Hajime and Rimuru's group.

"I want you, no, I ask you, as a representative of the Duchy of Ancadi. Please lend me your strength."

He spoke and bowed deeply. The group had varied reactions. Chloe, Sakura, Kaori and Shia were totally on the "let's help" team, but Hajime, Rimuru, Yue, Tio and Ciel were wondering what to do.

The reason they were hesitant to help was because they didn't want to get too involved in the war in this world. If they helped humanity too much, it could totally influence the war.

In fact Yue would accept any decision Hajime made, just as Ciel would accept any decision Rimuru made. Rimuru didn't want to see innocent people die so he decided to help, but he wanted to know Hajime's thoughts first, but before he could ask...

"Papa, we're going to help, right?"

Myu tugged on Hajime's sleeve and asked with a hopeful face. Hajime couldn't say no to that question and agreed. He also thought it might be helpful to have the Ancadi Duchy owe them a favor.

"Fufu" Shia and Tio laughed at Hajime who couldn't say no to Myu. So they headed towards the Duchy of Ancadi. Halfway there Viz spoke...

"Look, leaving aside this strange means of transportation. Since you guys are going to lend me your strength, I'd like you to collect Serene Stones at the volcano, is that okay?"