29: Hajime became Papa

The group was in a line to enter the city of Fhuren. Hajime was lying on the hood of the car. Chloe, Shia and Yue were talking to their new member, Tio. Rimuru, was leaning against the car with Sakura next to him.

They were drawing a lot of attention from the people around because of the vehicle and the pretty girls.

"Hey, Shia."

Hajime got down from the hood and called out to Shia. She approached with a tearful expression and he spoke

"You don't have to wear that necklace anymore. We've already drawn enough attention and we don't need to hide anymore."

The necklace Hajime spoke of was a metal necklace similar to a slave's necklace. This was because a non-slave demi-human would draw a lot of attention, but now they didn't need to hide. After killing an army of 60,000 in the city of Ur they were pretty famous. (It was 600,000, but no one knows because the bodies of the clones disappeared after Cartinus died.) Mainly because Hajime made a speech before the battle that said something about their group being the sword of the Goddess of fertility. That would make it difficult for the Church to label them as heretics.

Shia looked at her necklace and spoke timidly

"No. You don't have to...."

"Why not? I thought you hated it."

"It's just that it was the first thing Hajime-san gave me and it shows that I'm from Hajime-san."

She was red and her ears were twitching in shame.

"I see. At least let's make it prettier."

Hajime put his hand on the necklace and transmuted its metallic appearance to look prettier.

Shia looked happy. At this moment a voice interrupted.

"Goushin-sama. I would like you to put a slave necklace on me."

Tio spoke up interrupting the good time Hajime and Shia were having. Hajime slapped Tio which caused her to lay panting on the ground.

"Haaa, haaa getting a punishment like that... what a ruthless master."

"Hajime-san, thank you. This way I'll look prettier on our date. Ehehe."

Shia looked happy. The date she was referring to was a thank you from Hajime for her saving Aiko, if Shia hadn't interfered, Aiko would have been hit in the head and died.

Rimuru could resuscitate her, but the others didn't know that.

Rimuru was leaning against the car with his hand on Sakura's waist. Chloe was making room as she had made a lap pillow for Rimuru the whole trip. Rimuru was pointing out some peculiarly shaped clouds when....

"Hey brat! Give me that girl!"

A coarse looking man approached and yelled at Rimuru demanding Sakura. The man tried to grab Sakura's arm and Rimuru thought it would be a pain in the ass to deal with, so he activated 'Demon-lord Haki'.