31: Rescue

After leaving Fhuren the group was heading towards the capital. They needed to deliver a letter that would make their promotion to gold adventurers official.

Everyone was in the car. Hajime, Yue, Shia and Myu were in the front and Rimuru, Chloe and Sakura were in the back seat. Tio was strapped to the roof while talking perverted things.

"Yueonne-chan, why is Tioonee-chan panting on the roof?"

"It's an incurable disease, Myu. Don't pay attention."

Myu asked innocently and Yue answered bluntly.

"Papa, Why is Onii-san always hugging the onee-chans?"

Myu asked Hajime. Hajime had already given up persuading Myu about what she called him and the 'Onii-san' was Rimuru, when Myu found out that Rimuru was Hajime's brother she started calling him 'Oji-san', but he thought that was kind of weird and bribed her with candy to stop it. Hajime tried the same technique, but it didn't work as Myu seemed really determined to call him Papa.

The 'Onee-chans' was what Myu called the girls in the group. Yue and Shia tried to compete to see who would be called mommy, but Myu said she already had a mother and wouldn't call anyone else that.

Myu was petting Missy who was on her lap. Missy was a female cat and was being carried by Chloe who had made a promise to Shizuku to take care of her. Myu really liked Missy and was always petting her.

Hajime was thinking about how to answer Myu's question. In fact Rimuru was holding Chloe with his hand on her waist and stroking the hair of Sakura who was sleeping leaning against him. Before Hajime could answer Yue spoke up.

"That's because they love each other."

She spoke this and hugged Hajime's arm at her side.

Myu was wearing a confused expression, but she looked at Yue and Hajime hugging and spoke

"Got it!"

She spoke excitedly and moved closer to Hajime. Myu tried to hug Hajime's waist...

"Myu... what are you doing?"

"Myu loves Papa. So Myu will be hugging him too."

Myu seemed to have misunderstood. Hajime was about to answer her, but Myu spoke....

"Doesn't the Papa love Myu too?"

That blow was too much for Hajime to answer. He had already given up and was going to let Myu stay hugged to him, but at this moment his brother came to the rescue

"Myu-chan, why don't you stay hugged in Missy? If you stay hugged in Hajime-kun, no one will hug Missy."

Rimuru spoke and Myu looked at Missy who was alone.

"I think Rimuru-nii is right."

Myu returned to her spot and placed Missy on her lap. Hajime and Yue were impressed with Rimuru's way with children.

"Wow. Rimuru is really good with kids. Myu really likes him."

"Yes. She listens to him more than we do."

Yue and Shia spoke impressed. Rimuru thought for a while and spoke

"Good. It's just that I used to be a teacher. Chloe and her classmates were quite rebellious. They didn't answer my call, didn't obey me, and kept attacking me with flaming swords. Next to that, Myu-chan is super easy to deal with.

Chloe turned red remembering when Rimuru became her teacher. In the first training she had said "Surrender or I'll kill you" because she thought he had been caught in his magic, but Rimuru had easily shaken off his attack.