44: The apostle of demons

Currently the group was on the final floor of the Guryen Dungeon.

They were in a lava lake and over ten thousand bats that spewed lava from their wings attacked them at the same time.

Hajime pulled out his 'Agni orkan' rocket launcher, Rimuru, Chloe and Sakura pulled out their swords and Yue prepared to fight. Meanwhile, Shia and Tio were guiding the boats.

When the bats approached.

TCHIN

WHOOOOSH

Rimuru didn't even leave his seat, he just applied mana to his sword and it glowed in prism. He then swung it and the force the sword made just from swinging was so much that it created a thin but powerful wave of wind. This blade went towards the crowd of bats and killed a large amount of them. Chloe made her sword glow and threw several blades of light in their direction and killed several as well.

"Rising tornado."

BACHON BACHON BACHON BACHON

"Wind blades."

However Hajime, Sakura and Yue did not attack the bats. Not directly at least. Sakura realized that her nature element was not very useful against fire-type creatures and during the Dungeon she always used spirit magic, but that would not be very useful in large quantities. So she didn't attack directly, she just used wind blades. Hajime also thought of a better way to kill the bats and didn't shoot them. Yue saw where he was aiming and did the same.

All three were aiming at the lava river.

It turned out that these bats were so weak that several parts of their bodies were not immune to lava, even though they lived in the volcano. The group realized this in one of the fights on the upper floors and decided to apply it here. All three attacked the lava at the same time and this caused a large amount of lava to rise.

SPLASH

""Wieeeeeee!!!!""

The lava splashed upwards and reached the bats. When this happened they gave horrific screams. This explosion killed almost all the bats and those that were still alive fled in fear.

However, the problem was not over as the great wave of lava shook the entire lake. The boats were rocking heavily and Tio and Shia were trying to guide them correctly. A wave of lava crashed near Hajime's boat and splashed water onto them. The same thing happened to Rimuru's boat.

"Goushin-sama!"

Yue pushed away much of the lava that went toward her boat, but some of it went toward Hajime. Hajime couldn't see it until he heard Tio's warning, but it was too late and he couldn't react. Tio then spread his dragon wings and jumped ahead. 

"Ugh."

She gave a groan of pain, but the lava damaged less than it would damage a human, this because of her fire resistance. However a part of her wings were melted.

"Tio!"

'Hajime-kun, over here!"

Hajime seemed worried about Tio as his injury was quite serious and Rimuru called him. As Hajime checked Tio's condition, Rimuru threw him a healing potion and he used it on Tio.

"Is that better? I knew you liked to feel pain, but I didn't think it was that much..."

"Goushin-sama, don't talk nonsense. I only jumped in front so Goushin-sama wouldn't get hurt. Even after I helped you, being treated like this...Haaaa, haaaa "

Hajime made a snide remark and as usual this ended with Tio  panting. The others also seemed happy that she was okay. At this moment the large door at the end of the magma lake opened and revealed another river of lava.