38: The salvation of the reapers

Currently everyone was in the meeting room of the main house. Raphael's comment about his symbolic animal being a dog was totally ignored by everyone and then Sariel stood up to speak.

"Very well, the first matter to discuss is about Raphael's punishment. He stole a piece of the light of life and warned the gods about our existence. How will he be punished?"

Everyone looked at Raphael and he looked guilty. At this moment Lucifer stood up and said...

"Because of the critical time we find ourselves in, we need all the help we can get. I decree that Raphael will receive no punishment. Any objections?"

No one objected, but Sariel said...

"I have no objection, but may I know what this critical moment is?"

"Yes. This is the main reason we are here today."

"Yes?"

Sariel was confused by her words and questioned her. Lucifer waited a moment and said...

"Today we are here to talk about how to prevent the destruction of the city."

"...."

Everyone was silent. Raphael and Sariel looked confused, but Michael, Uriel, Azrael and Gabriel knew what Lucifer was talking about. Hajime and the girls didn't know what it was about either, but Rimuru had some idea.

"Luci..."

Raphael was about to call Lucifer by an affectionate nickname in front of everyone, but he got a dangerous look from her.

"Lucifer. May we know what this is about?"

He corrected himself and asked. Lucifer nodded...

"Yes. This is it."

She pointed up and everyone looked up at the ceiling, but there was nothing there. They were going to ask the meaning of her words, but

CRACK

A loud noise was heard. It sounded like the sound of something cracking coming from far away. Raphael and Sariel were startled by the noise for they understood the meaning. Raphael ran to the window and looked up at the sky.

"The barrier... is cracking..."

He spoke startled. Sariel seemed to have guessed that this was it and was wearing a stern expression. The other members of the Seven were with serious expressions.

"Yes. She cracks more and more, every day at nine in the morning."

Lucifer confirmed Raphael's words and explained.

"Just as Raphael said, taking a piece of the life light was really dangerous and could cause damage to the barrier. That's exactly what happened.    The light of life that maintains the barrier is dying after Raphael's actions and the barrier gets weaker every day.

By Metatron's calculations, the barrier will break down completely in two days. Then the gods will overpower us or we will lose control and assume monstrous forms."

"That's..."

Raphael was feeling more guilty than ever. Everyone was thinking about what to do and at that moment Rimuru stood up.

"I would like to see that light of life. If I could do that, you have a chance of getting her hired."

The Seven looked impressed and Metatron who had been quiet until now, asked....

"Can you do that?"

"I'm not sure, but I can try..."

Rimuru thought that if he was Ciel, he could do something. He just didn't say he could do something because there was a small chance that Ciel couldn't do anything.