33: Confession

Hajime and Kaori were having a good time reuniting. The two were hugging and happy that each other was okay. Kaori had stopped crying and Hajime was just stroking her head, but of course Kouki didn't like that.

"Fuu, Kaori is really kind. She cries because of her classmate's survival. However, Nagumo killed a person who was not resisting. We need to talk about that. So does Rimuru. So Kaori, that is enough and you should stay away from Nagumo."

Kouki spoke and several looks of "Recognize the situation!", were thrown at him, but even at such a moment Kouki was unable to consider Kaori's feelings. In fact it could be because he did not want other people to touch Kaori.

"Wait Kouki! It was Nagumo-kun and Rimuru-kun who saved us. How can you say that?"

"Shizuku. Those people had already lost the will to fight. There was no point in killing them. So what Nagumo did is something I can't allow."

"Kouki understand. First of all..."

All the classmates began to argue. Most sided with Shizuku, but Hyama's gang who didn't like Hajime supported Kouki. Kaori had already separated herself from Hajime's chest and was wiping away her tears.

Suddenly a voice came up to shower everyone with cold water.

"What foolish people. Shall we leave Hajime?"

"Ahhhh. Yup, we can go now."

"Yes, they are really foolish. Especially that one over there. Shall we go Rimuru-san?"

Yue spoke in an icy tone and made everyone shut up. Hajime agreed with her proposal and Sakura agreed with her words and even pointed out Kouki as the most foolish of all.

Hajime agreed because he didn't want to talk to his former classmates that he didn't care about. He just wanted to talk a little more with Kaori, but he felt that the Dungeon was not the best place to have a conversation.

Rimuru was still standing around watching how things would unfold.

As they realized that Hajime was leaving Kouki and the others stopped arguing and Kouki spoke

"Stop. We're not done talking yet. I won't consider Nagumo as my companions if he doesn't state his intentions. By the way who do you think you are? You guys can't go around calling people foolish."

"...."

Kouki said something totally irrelevant and everyone was silent. The first to speak was Sakura...

"He must have some problem, right? If Not I recommend he stop talking shit."

"Sakura. I think we'd better just ignore him. Otherwise your patience won't hold up. Let's leave everything to Shizuku-chan."

Rimuru said to leave everything to Shizuku. Actually that's how it had been since school. Leave the troublesome Kouki with Shizuku Yaegashi. Kouki was a little irritated by his words, but he didn't say anything. Shizuku had her hand on her forehead after hearing Kouki's words.    Hajime sighed and said.

"Amanogawa. I neither care nor have any obligation to answer you, whose existence is a joke in many ways. However, I will explain to you why you seem to want to persecute me and my brother."

"Explain? Are you saying that I am wrong? I only said something obvious to one person."

Hajime just ignored Kouki's response and continued.

"You can't fool me."

"What are you saying..."

"You're not angry because we killed people. You're just uncomfortable seeing someone die. Yet you know that woman killed the knights and tried to kill you. That is why you are using the argument of 'killing someone who was not resisting' as your main argument. Isn't it?"