30: Demons

Loud sounds and tremors could be felt inside the Great Orcus Dungeon. Traces of swords and projectiles could be seen. It was a battlefield.

...Rising breach!"

Kouki, the hero recited a chant and his sword let out several flashes of light. The flashes went towards the magical Beast that looked like a giant bat. The magical Beast was already bruised and could not resist.

PLAFT

Its body fell to the ground.

The place that Kouki and his group were at the moment was the 89th floor. The group was doing very well in conquering the Dungeon and was close to the 100th floor, which they thought was the last floor. What they didn't know was that the Dungeon had over 300 floors.

The bat that Kouki had just killed was the last of a large group. Kouki's group scanned the surroundings and saw nothing. So they stopped to rest.

"Haha. We are very strong. We are almost at the end of the Dungeon. No matter who it is, we won't be defeated. Even if it's the demon race!"

Kouki spoke excitedly. Shizuku tried to warn him not to be careless, but his words were received lightly.

"Ayako-chan. Will you heal the rest for me?"

Kaori asked the secondary healer and the healer agreed. The 'rest' meant Hyama and his group for whom Kaori had no positive feelings and therefore did not even heal them.

Hyama's group had realized this a while ago, but when they asked their colleagues they just replied that there was no way that the beautiful and gentle goddess Kaori could hold a grudge against them.

Kaori was staring into nothingness with a thoughtful expression.

"Are you okay?"

Shizuku approached and asked worriedly.

"Could I protect him now?"

She asked worried about whether she would be strong enough to protect Hajime.

"Yes. All of us have become super strong and few can fight us."

Shizuku spoke confidently, but Kaori also knew she was worried. Yesterday Shizuku told Kaori her concerns and Kaori agreed with them. The concerns were about the size of the Dungeon. This was because her colleague Rimuru had gone to the Dungeon long before them and had not yet appeared. If the 100th floor really was the last floor, Rimuru would have returned to them by now.

So many of the students thought that Rimuru was dead, but Kaori and Shizuku had a different opinion. They had experienced first hand Rimuru's devastating power and knew that even now that they had grown stronger they could not beat him. So they were wondering how he could die if they were alive. The conclusion they came to was that either they had more floors or there was a super powerful monster that would have killed Rimuru. They hoped it wasn't the second part because if a monster could kill Rimuru they wouldn't stand a chance.

Kaori smiled at Shizuku and said she was fine. Shizuku was still worried, but before she could say anything

"Kaorin!"

The cheerful Suzu arrived and jumped on Kaori.

"I won't let Kaorin be sad. Just heal me. There's no reason to heal others heal only me! Gehehe"

"Suzu, but you're not even hurt. Where are you playing!?"

"My heart is wounded. Then heal me. More specifically pamper me with your breasts."

"Breasts!?"

Suzu groped Kaori like an old pervert and Kaori cringed in shame. At this moment Shizuku spoke up...