15: The Haulia.

The students were at the Orcus Dungeon inn. That day when Chloe appeared they talked to her some more. Chloe told them that if anything happened she would be at an inn in the capital. She also talked a lot with Kaori and Shizuku.

They became very close and when they asked what Chloe's purpose was. She answered "I'm looking for someone. And she showed her engagement ring while blushing.

The girls were totally mesmerized by the dazzling ring. They also asked if they could help find this person, but Chloe answered that the person would come to the capital sooner or later.

That was Chloe's reason for not going to the dungeon to look for Rimuru. She knew that if Rimuru went to the dungeon there was no way anyone could reach him, and she also knew that at some point Rimuru would return to see his colleagues.

In fact there was an incident where Kondo tried to flirt with Chloe and even called her by her first name without honorifics. But he sensed a strong murderous intent coming from her and corrected himself immediately. Chloe didn't want anyone but Rimuru or her close friends calling her so casually.

Today Shizuku and Kaori were going to say goodbye to Chloe before returning to the Dungeon. They passed an alley and Shizuku seemed to be looking for something there.

"Shizuku-chan what is it?"

"Nothing it's just that there's a street kitten that used to stay here. I would always come by and feed it. I even called it missy."

"Fufu."

"What?"

"Shizuku-chan always liked cute things. You're all strong on the outside, but very feminine on the inside."

"W...what are you talking about!? Everyone likes animals! Stop looking at me like that! Let's go find Chloe!"

Kaori looked at her with a kind look. Shizuku's cheeks reddened and she headed for the restaurant where they were going to meet Chloe.

They saw Chloe sitting at a round table with three chairs. She was reading the menu thoughtfully. When she saw them she waved.

"Hi Shizuku-chan, Kaori. Come sit down."

They sat down and started reading the menu.

"So why did you guys call me here today?"

Chloe asked curiously.

"Ahh we just wanted to let you know that we will be going to the Orcus Dungeon to train tomorrow and wanted to say goodbye."

"Hmmm."

"We thought about inviting you, but you have to wait for your fiancé don't you?"

Kaori asked.

"Yes that's right."

She agreed with a nod. Shizuku took the opportunity that the subject of the mysterious fiancé came up and spoke

"By the way Chloe. Where did your fiancé get this ring? I've never seen anything so beautiful."

Kaori seemed to want to know where one could get something like this as well. Whenever Shizuku and Kaori could they asked Chloe to show it to them. And Chloe also told the story of the proposal (she changed some details like the part about a new universe being created.) They thought the proposal was really cool and also the way Chloe talked about her beloved. Always embarrassed and excited to show him off. This made them even more excited to meet him.

Chloe thought about it for a while and spoke up.

"Good. I don't know exactly how he got it, but he said it's made of two super rare jewels, so it must have been pretty hard.... But enough about me and my fiancé. And do you have anyone?"