28: Battle or Massacre?

"They have arrived."

Rimuru spoke. Currently Rimuru, Hajime, the girls, Aiko and the students were standing on top of a wall that Rimuru raised with earth magic. This wall was merely representative as monsters would not get here. It was also quite high so that the citizens would not see the battle.

"Hajime-kun I will kill the army and you take care of the generals. I'll also leave the black mage to you."

"Maaa. Fine."

Rimuru told everyone that the monster army was not being controlled completely. Only their leaders were controlled by the black mage and the rest were following them.

Hajime agreed with Rimuru and Shia and Yue didn't seem to mind. Chloe was going to help kill the monsters as well.

Hajime was going to set off on the generals, but...

"Wait."

"Huh?"

"There."

"Kh!?"

Hajime took a fright as his presence detection did not detect it. The army of monsters was on the horizon, but there was someone(something) there, right next to the wall standing still was....

 The army of monsters was on the horizon, but there was someone(something) there, right next to the wall standing still was

"O.. What is that?"

Hajime asked confused. Rimuru thought for a while and spoke....

"He doesn't seem to be with the army. He must have been sent by the gods. They must think that now is the perfect chance to kill some of you and affect me or something. If they think that, they must not have that much knowledge of my powers.

"Humm. Rimuru-san, let me take care of that thing. Rimuru-san destroy the army and Sakura-chan help Hajime-kun and the others."

The black monster had the strength of an awakened demon lord. That was nothing to Chloe. She could easily defeat it. So Rimuru agreed.

"Maybe they want to test my strength? So they sent someone disposable? Maybe that's it...

Rimuru was thoughtful, so Hajime spoke up.

"It's moving."

They looked at the monster and the creature raised its arms. A purple light came out of its arms and then.

"What the fuck is that!?"

"That's impossible..."

"No... it can't be..."

The students were sweating cold this as the monster army multiplied by 10 times. Hajime then looked at Rimuru and spoke...

"Can you still do it?"

He knew that Rimuru was powerful, but 600,000 was really a lot.

"Yes. Yes. Don't worry."

The students were confused by Rimuru saying he could destroy this army in such a casual tone, but at least it calmed them down a bit. Chloe went towards the monster and Hajime, Yue and Shia went towards the generals. The students and Aiko could only cheer.