34: The Unbearable Kouki

Kaori already had tears of happiness streaming down her face as she kissed Hajime. She was really happy that her first kiss was with someone she loved. Their lips parted and Hajime spoke

"So... I think it will be good to have you with us from now on."

"Yes."

He spoke and released Kaori's waist. Kaori smiled happily and agreed. She put her finger to her lips remembering the kiss from just now.

Shia was complaining to Tio about Hajime accepting Kaori at first, but he didn't accept her. Tio reassured her that Kaori had known Hajime longer. Yue also stroked her head and said "do your best" and then she perked up and said determinedly "One day I'll still get Hajime-san by the way!"

Yue had already decided that Kaori would be her new rival and was getting ready. The students were having mixed reactions.

Nagayama's group and the girls took it well and were sending kind looks. However Kouki who was like a dense protagonist from some bum anime, did not accept this....

"Wait! What do you mean!? Kaori likes Nagumo? Why did they kiss? Huh... what do you mean she loves him? What does that mean? How did we come to this so suddenly? Nagumo! What have you done with Kaori!?"

"What the hell man?"

Kouki couldn't accept the reality of Kaori loving Hajime and exploded with anger at seeing them kissing. Kouki used his supreme skill 'convenient interpretation' and defined that Hajime was forcing Kaori somehow. Hajime seeing the way his mind worked could only let out words of surprise.

Seeing that Kouki was reaching for his sword, Shizuku tried to calm him down.

"Kouki calm down. Obviously Nagumo-kun didn't do anything. You may not have realized it, but Kaori has been in love with him for a while now. Since the time we were in Japan. Think about how well she treated him."

"That's only because Kaori was kind, isn't it? There's no way she could be in love with a worthless otaku like Nagumo."

Noticing the commotion of the group, Kaori stopped daydreaming after the kiss and moved closer.

"Guys. I'm going with Hajime-kun anyway. Then I'm leaving the group. I'm sorry, and Kouki-kun I'm an otaku too so stop talking like this is a bad thing."

The girls and Nagayama's group agreed easily, but Kouki did not.

"It's a lie, right? This is weird after all. Kaori has always been by my side. So shouldn't it stay that way? Kaori is my childhood friend...it's natural to stand by me. Isn't it, Kaori?"

"Umm... We may even be childhood friends, but that doesn't mean we'll be together forever, you know? That's a natural thing in life..."

At this moment Shizuku arrived and supported Kaori.

"It's true Kouki. Kaori is not your property and she herself should choose what she wants. So stop it."

Hearing the two Kouki was perplexed. His gaze moved towards Hajime who was talking to the rest of his group. Hajime figured that this was something for Kaori to take care of.

Kouki saw that there were two girls and a beautiful woman very close to Hajime. His eyes began to change and Kouki felt dark feelings. For the first time he felt envy. So he once again interpreted everything for his own convenience.

"Kaori. Vo is should not go with him. Just look at him. He is surrounded by several girls and even a child... besides he even put a slave necklace on the Demi-human girl. Even that black-haired woman called him Master. She must have been forced to call him that.