26: Search

"What did you want to talk about?"

Hajime asked Rimuru. Rimuru called the group over to talk when they arrived at the inn. Shia was sleepy and went to sleep and Chloe was the same.

Yue was next to Hajime sipping a drink that resembled soda. Sakura was on Rimuru's lap cuddling into his neck with her head resting on his shoulder as he gently stroked her hair. She occasionally gave him a kiss.

"I was thinking of enjoying this meeting with Sensei."

Rimuru replied without taking his eyes off Sakura. Hajime didn't understand his words.

"What do you mean?"

"We would have to stop by the capital to let Shirasaki-san and the others know about Hyama, right? But now we've found Sensei and she must have a way to contact the Kingdom. So it would be faster."

"I see..."

Hajime was thoughtful and Rimuru smelled great when Sakura's hair came close to his face.

"It smells like roses."

She blushed at the compliment and gave Rimuru a kiss on the cheek.

"Hey. Will you two stop flirting at every possible opportunity?"

Hajime looked a little annoyed. Rimuru looked at him and spoke.

"I'll give it back to you."

Hajime didn't understand, so he looked away. There was Yue pulling on his shirt and was holding out a spoon, on the spoon was a piece of pudding that the waitress had just delivered.

"Hajime. Aaah."

Hajime was not going to deny receiving food from Yue, so he ate. He seemed kind of embarrassed to do that after talking about Rimuru. Rimuru just laughed and spoke

"You're wondering if we should tell Sensei about the Mad Gods, right?"

Hajime was a little surprised that Rimuru was able to guess and nodded in agreement. Hajime then spoke up...

"I think we should tell them. It would be a hoot if the Gods manipulated the Hero's group into them attacking us."

"Yes. Me too. We'll tell her tomorrow morning."

"No. I think it's better to tell her today."

"Eh?"

Rimuru was looking at Sakura and when he looked at Hajime he was no longer there.

"...."

"He's not going to break into her room at night, is he?" Rimuru thought.

"Well, there's nothing to do. Shall we go to sleep, Sakura? Chloe must be waiting."

"Hmhm."

They went upstairs. Chloe woke up when they came in.

"Sorry. Did we wake you up?"

Rimuru asked worriedly, but Chloe replied

"Yes, but it's okay. Where are you going, Sakura-chan?"

Sakura looked like she was about to leave. Then Chloe called out to her.

"Good. I thought you guys would like to sleep together."

"Yes, but Sakura-chan is also engaged to Rimuru-san. So she has to sleep with him too."

"Is it... is it really?

She looked hesitant so Rimuru approached her and.

"Rimuru-san!"