Chapter 12

[A/N] I'M A HORRIBLE PERSON! I'M SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SORRY! PLEASE FORGIVE ME! I told you I would update yesterday and I didn't! I had math homework then I was super tired again! I'm so sorry! I'm terrible! Sigh! I'll just... Go write now... I'M SO ASHAMED! MY NEW PRISON IS SHAME!

[Zayn's P.O.V.] Surprise!

Every jaw in the room drops with the exception of Mia and Rae. But they were too young to understand what the word biological meant.

"What does bioli-lical mean?" Rae asks, confused.

"Biological, Rae. And it means that while he created you guys, he helped... Make me. Like I had a Mom and Dad."

"So like you had a Miss Anne and Dad?"

"Kind of."

Rae nods, attempting to understand.

"Do you know where your mum is?" The feathery haired boy asks me.

I shook my head as I shift my gaze to my lap. An uncomfortable silence fills the room as I squirm in my seat.

"Sorry, if it makes you look at me differently, but I'm still like you guys. He still put me through the tests that he put you guys through-"

"How do you guys even survive those?" A curly haired boy asks. "Seriously, I still hurt because of those."

Laughter spreads throughout the room as I look up with a slight smile on my face. I turn to look at Liam and immediately wish I wouldn't have. The normally friendly brown eyes had a cold tint to them. He hates me now. I knew I should have told him all those years ago. Why didn't I? That's one question I'd probably never be able to answer.

"So Zayn, did Dad tell you why he made us? Or how?" Cher asks me.

"Well he thought he was going to help the human race by making a better race of humans. That's why he always thought that you guys would rule the world because you were superior beings."

"Then why did he keep us in cages?" Olly ask, quietly.

Olly shares a glance with Cher, who nods. I'm confused by this action but don't question it.

"I don't know. So he could control you, maybe? He never told me that."

"So are we all related?" The curly haired boy ask. "Not that I wouldn't mind being part of your family. I've always wanted younger siblings but-"

"Harry!" Anne cuts him off with a laugh. "You're rambling again."

"Sorry," he mumbles, sending a laugh throughout the room once again.

"No, Harry," I respond with a slight laugh. "Well actually it depends on how you want to look at it. Technically you aren't related to any of us because he used Anne's DNA to help create you. But with the rest of you guys, he used his DNA."

"So how are we part animal?" Perrie asks.

"He also used animal DNA. Cat and dog DNA worked the best with human DNA."

A silence drifts throughout the room as my gaze returns to my fidgeting hands. I let out a small sigh before looking up to the eyes of the boys and girls in the room.

"I'm ashamed of what he did. Playing God. But at the same time, I'm don't regret it."

"Why?" A blonde haired boy asks in a small voice.

"Because then I'd wouldn't have met Liam. Or any of you guys. And I think... I think I'd miss you."

"Awww! Zaynie!" Perrie yells as she launches herself at me in a hug.