Chapter 23

[A/N] Hey guys! I'm going to attempt to NOT be a failure and update tonight! Hooray! And and and! My voice is back! I sound like Batman a.k.a. a chain smoker but hey! At least I can talk! I can't entirely sing yet but that's alright. It's slowly coming back. And that's always a plus! Anyway, on to updating!

[Louis' P.O.V.]

"Louis?" Harry asks in a quiet voice as I drive home from Niall's house.

"Yeah, love?"

"Do you think that... Sebastian will ever find us?"

I look over to Harry as I pull into the driveway. I shut the car off and reach over for his hand. He looks up to me as I place his hands in mine. Fright fills his eyes as I stroke his hand with my thumb.

"Hazza," I say, softly. "If he finds us, then I will do anything to keep you safe."

"But what if that isn't enough?" He whispers in a shaky voice.

I place my hand on his cheek and look into his watery emerald eyes. I run my thumb over his cheek and lightly press my lips to his.

"What if he takes me anyway from you?" He asks, nearly inaudible.

"Then I would travel to the ends of the earth to find you," I whisper.

"You're only saying that because I'm crying," Harry whispers.

"Harry," I huff, letting go of his hand.

He scrambles for my hand as I sit back down in the seat. I pull away from him as I push my hands together. What would I even do if I lost Harry? He'd been my best friend for so many years and now he was so much more. What would I do if he was just... Gone? My eyes start to hurt as I feel tears begin to lightly pool in them. I gulp loudly and turn to Harry, who was looking at me.

"I don't know what I would do without you, Hazza. You're my everything. Yes, I have my mum and sisters but..." I pause as my voice starts to grow into a squeak. I swallow and begin again, "you've been my best friend for however many years and now you're so much more than my best friend. If you were just gone..."

The tears pool over and my voice forgets how to work. He reaches over and pulls me toward him. I climb into his lap and nuzzle my head into his neck as he wraps his arms around me. I cling tightly to his shirt.

"I can't be without you, Harry. I've never had to do something without you and I don't ever want to find out what it's like," I mumble against him.

He rubs small circles on my back as I snuggle more into him and he wraps his arms tightly around me. He tilts my head up and pulls my lips to his. He lightly pecks me. Twice before pushing his forehead against mine.

"I love you, Harry. And I know I've said it a thousand times but this time it's different. And I want you to know that."

"I know, Louis. I love you, too."

"I would travel to the ends of the earths to find you," I repeat.

"And I would fight the deadliest of things to make sure you were safe."

"Don't ever leave, Haz."

"I won't, Boo."

We sat there for a few moments as the tears dried and the worries went away. Exhaustion suddenly washes over me and I yawn.

"Tired, boo?" Harry asks, softly.

I nod into his neck and he opens the door.

"Nooo," I whine. "Don't wanna walk."