Chapter 12

"Thanks for helping, you can go now," I tell him, my hands planted on Andrew's chest as I try to push him. 

He doesn't budge. 

Only making me more frustrated with how strong he is as I continue to urge him to leave, all he does is walk around me, deciding to walk towards the locked door instead of following my order.

Once he's out of my reach, I begin to feel all weak and I feel as though I'm wobbling as I realize I touched Andrew.

Oh.My.God! I touched his chest!

I look away from Andrew and look at the group of people under the stairs, distracting myself as I have a mini panic attack moment, my heart beat quickening.

Oh.My.God! I'm in Andrew's house!

This is his fucking house!

My hands quickly grab my head and I begin to pull my hair. 

I'm. in. his. fucking. house!

I think in between tugs, the tugs make my anxiety settle down for a moment.

"What are you doing?" Andrew asks from behind.

I turn around from the sound of his voice, looking at him wide-eyed as I'm caught red handed. My hands still in my hair, he stares up at my head, suspecting my action silently, asking what's going on with his curious eyes.

He begins moving closer to me.

Everything stops for me, around us is only the blazing lights and my heart is beating quickly as I realize how close he is to me, it's only us.

His hands reach up to touch my hands, which are tangled in my hair, and I close my eyes as I let myself be present in the moment, listening to my heart beating, thinking of the possibility of whatever is going on, but once I feel his shadow of a hand almost touching mine, I reopen my eyes and move away.

The formal stupid moment ends, and now I'm closer to the door.

My hands are still tangled in my hair as Andrew looks at me once more.

Looking up at his beautiful eyes...
Beautiful? Did I say Beautiful?

"Are you okay?" he asks.

"Ya," I answer quickly, my eyes widening as I try to zap myself out of it.

I quickly look down, my hands now behind my back as I awkwardly stand in front of the door.

My eyes dart up to meet his from time to time but they quickly part away and we continue to just stand there. 

"Umm," Andrew starts but is interrupted by a bang from the door behind me.

"Oh, right," I scoff, shrugging my shoulders, "Oops, sorry Sally, we'll try to open this damn thing," I call out to her.

"'We'll?" Sally questions towards the door, "Who's with ya?" she asks, her words slurring.

"Nobody," I answer, looking at Andrew who is already bending down, screwing with the lock.

"It won't budge," he mumbles.

"Don't you have keys to this house," I ask and he just sighs, continuing to shake the knob on the door. 

I stand there, deciding to let Andrew do his thing.

Leaning against the wall, I look over to the wide window at the entrance of the house, which overlooks the hallway we stand in now, some cop cars driving away and some new one's parking by the house.

My gaze turns back to Andrew's back and then to his hands that are still screwing with the knob. Noticing the patterns on the knob and the vintage texture to it as a distraction from the problem at hand, I sigh, looking away from the cool looking knob and then lean deeper against the cool wall.

Looking up towards the ceiling, feeling tired quickly as I find what's above me interesting, I hear a click to my side and Andrew's shuffling, a sigh coming out of his mouth.

It seems like maybe he's opened the door, but I continue looking up at the ceiling, zoning out a bit as I close my eyes.

The music has faded away and I feel myself drift off a bit. Quickly opening my eyes, trying to stop the sudden urge to fall asleep, I continue to feel the heaviness of my body growing though.

Reopening and closing them, a pattern that slowly turns loose, where I don't even feel the energy for that, until I look up one more time to find a pair of eyes looking back at mine.

My lazy eyes close and then reopen as I continue to stare up at those eyes. Shiny eyes... BeAutiful eyes.

I smile and my body suddenly droops down to the floor but his arms catch me in time, cradling my body before I was able to fall. I just stare at his eyes, feeling tired in my body, yet comforted by his arms. 

I smile and his eyes seem to twinkle right back at mine. A smile forming on his face, peace coming to both of us, and I feel as though he's about to speak.

A thud. 

Both our heads turn to the cause of the sound and the music comes back to life as we stare at the body on the floor.

Sally's body.