Chapter 23

I lay on my bed, the long day floods through my head and I exhale a sigh.

"It feels like a week's gone by." I rub my temple as I stretch out on my soft mattress.

I plan to lay there till sleep comes, to avoid spending time with family and maybe just for a moment, reality will disappear.

I relax.

My mind is at ease as I listen to my breathing.

I usually slide my body to the edge of the bed, so my butt hangs off the side, but this time, only my legs hang off.

I feel at ease, no more stress and I feel like the bed is swallowing me up in its cozy blankets and soft pillows.

Sighing one more time, letting the bed take me to a new world, the phone rings.

Fear awakens in my body at the sudden sound, jolting throughout me as my eyes widen.

I jerk upwards, the fast motion sending me to dizziness.

The phone continues to ring.

"What is that?" I grow frustrated with the sound as I search for my phone.
No luck as I'm still lost from my recent meditation.

Finally, finding my phone in the crack between my huge blanket, the sound stops.

"Wow, great, all that for nothing."

I collapse back onto the bed, my belly facing up. I stare up at the ceiling, trying to enter back into peace. My phone vibrates in my hand.

My head turns to the side to look at the phone in my hand, not expecting anything out of the ordinary to be there, I open the lock screen calmly.

The first thing I see is my messages, popping up to show Andrew's name.

My belly fills with butterflies, my insides getting somewhat excited to read the message.

I opened it up.

Andrew ~ how's tomorrow after school, I'll meet you at the small coffee shop

My heart still beating, I absorb the text in.

I sigh as it sinks in and begin to giggle. I lay back down onto my back, falling into an explosion of giggles of excitement and am now rocking side to side.

I yelp.

"Aaaa," I yell, acting like a little girl getting excited for her birthday party. But the thing is, I've never been excited for my birthday, this is a strange reaction for merely just a text.

A text from a boy.

A text from a boy.

A text from Andrew.

A text from... Andrew.

It hits me, No, I can't, I should call it off, what about Sally?

I shake my head and sigh, deciding to call it off. Just as I'm about to type it in, my phone vibrates, another text from Andrew.

I don't even care what it says, but it makes me completely forget about what I was about to text and I just let myself cherish this one moment of excitement.