Chapter 28

I wake up in a groggy mood... feeling sick as the thought of how horrible of a friend I am washes over me.

I try to ignore the felling and jump into the shower to start off my day and then brush my teeth. I get dressed and walk out of my home, forgetting about breakfast, like how I'd usually do before I started acting happy.

The day around me is gray like how I feel and when I enter school, the halls are crowded and loud. I feel invisible as I sulk to my first class, not bothering to find my friends...not that they care about me anyway.

The bell rings, every student rushes to class.

I sit down, drooping down on my desk. The teacher strides in and the class begins.

I don't listen to a fucking thing, it's like I'm asleep with my eyes open.

I groan as the teacher continues his lecture on shit.

I'm so bored, I wouldn't be surprised if I just floated out the classroom.

The bell rings and the next class begins after the next and the next until lunch starts and I'm found at the lunch table.

"Hey!" Alex smiles, "We were thinking of going outside for lunch today, it's so beautiful today!" She chirps out excitedly, turning around to show the windows behind her and indeed, it's a beautiful day. The school patio on the outside shows the blue sky and sun beaming on the students who are eating outside and laughing. The complete opposite of how the morning was.

I groan,"Of course, it's a beautiful day when I'm not in a good mood," I mumble to myself, and get up. Despite my feelings, I follow Alexandra out to the school patio.

The sun burns my eyes as we enter the warm embrace of the day, sliding the glass doors to be welcomed by this patio.

"Wow, we don't even need a jacket!" Alex exclaims, smiling, taking off her jacket and sitting down next to Tom, already a table ready, Sally is across from the two.

I groan, and walk slowly towards them, my feet dragging me, feeling like my feet are two weights, but I manage to sit down with the rest of the group.

I groan softly as I look back at the sun, squinting as I lay my head onto the round patio table. I sit next to Tom.

"Oh, look, it's Andrew," I hear Sally say, my head immediately jumps up and I'm no longer sulking. I turned my head towards where Sally was looking with eyes wide in alert. "How do I look?" She asks Tom and Alex, brushing her clothes and glancing towards them with a nervous flash of a smile.

I wonder the same thing as I fix my tousled hair a bit and then look back at the group. They don't seem to notice my flustered state.

"Girl, you look great!" Alex chimes.

She does though, her hair reflects with the sun and shines like Barbie's hair does, yet in a natural way. She wears a white tank top, looking like she's at the beach.

Ugh, she's just so annoying.

She's like a model, her skin shining like she just got a tan. I'm kind of surprised Andrew hasn't noticed her yet. I take off my small sweater and try to play the slut she's acting like.

I give her a look, but she isn't looking at me, my slight glare failing.

I feel a burst of confidence as she stands up and walks towards Andrew, her bob haircut bouncing behind her.

I watch with a wary eye, awaiting my time to make my hit.

Andrew leans against the brown juice bar's ledge as Sally walks towards him, confidence flaring around her.