Chapter 19

Saturday:

I lie on my bed, waiting for Sally to come for our girls night.

Thinking: How am I going to tell her Andrew tried to kiss me?

My eyebrows furrow in stress and confusion.

My dirty blonde hair, mostly brown hair, is spread across the bed, my belly facing the ceiling and my legs drooping off the edge of the bed, slipping almost off.

I shake my head, groaning.

"What am I going to do?" I whisper to myself, looking up to the ceiling for some help.

Giving up on that, I look to my side, and there Sally is, on the other side of the glass window, smiling.

I smile back and turn my head away before completely focusing on Sally, one more moment for myself.

"Nina, it's all good, you will be fine," I encourage myself and then sit up, watching as Sally opens the window, climbing into the room.

"Damn, it's getting harder and harder to get through that thing," she tells me, gasping.

We've been sneaking through each other's windows forever. At a young age, we figured out how to code and break into one another's doors and windows. Only us two can do it, years of practice.

"So, what's up, some movie, popcorn, talk about drama.... Ooo... A bottle of champagne!" She wiggles her eyebrows at her last statement, smirking, knowing well that that's never going to happen.

I would tell her no, joking back, but I'm too nervous on how I'm going to tell her about Andrew, that I just plop down onto my bed.

"Movie it is!" She declares, smiling, reaching out to a stack of old movies by my dresser. The dresser covers the whole wall with endless cupboards and a sliding door for my clothes.

We've collected our mother's old movies and CDs, finding it fascinating, as if we go back in time watching those movies.

She plops down with me, the colorful bed with a big sheet dressed with its flowers bounces underneath her weight.

She looks so happy as she shuffles through the choices that we've already watched a million times.

"Wait, before we do that," I interrupt her, mustering up the courage to tell her, "There's something I gotta tell you,"

"Ya!" She smiles brightly, her face turns to me, a curious smirk beginning to form.

"Okay..." I breathe out, "Okay, I'm just going to tell you." I nod to myself and Sally sits there, growing confused. I can already tell, "Andrew tried to kiss me," I say it as quickly as possible, sounding calm but my fast heartbeat says otherwise.

Her eyebrows scrunch to an arch as she takes in my words, probably growing more confused and possibly angry.

I wait for her reaction, eyes widening in question, eyebrows knitting above me in worry, but all that happens is she shakes her head and returns to her smiling face.

Huh?

I grew confused by her response.

"That can't be," she laughs out.

I eye her as she chuckles to herself, scrunching my eyebrows down as I observe her.

"Are you sure you're not just getting paranoid?" She laughs.

I shake my head in denial at her question.

"I mean he probably just accidentally bumped heads with you, I mean he doesn't even know I exist... Let alone YOU!" She laughs again.

"No, but he did," I try to explain, possibly defending myself and silently believing that I just imagined it all.

Her laughs continue, chuckling to herself, but then her roars of laughter dim down when she takes a look at my expression.

Things go silent.

"You're serious, no, that can't be." She shakes her head in confusion, trying to spot my bluffing but doesn't seem to find it as she continues eyeing me," I mean, you know how paranoid you get,-"

"Hey, what, that's not true!"

"See, ... You always get protective about yourself and don't trust anyone, it makes sense why you would think he would kiss you... I mean just because he talked to you once doesn't mean he wants to kiss you," she tries to reassure herself, scoffing as she throws out the details she knows as true.

I mean, it's true, I don't usually trust people.

I shake my head at her, "It's not true .. I mean, you don't even know him and you want to kiss him,"

"Well, that's me ... plus... it makes sense. I'm a girl," she shrugs out her explanation as if it explains everything.

"No, don't be sexist, just because you're a girl doesn't mean you're an automatic romantic, got that," I inform.

"Whatever, you're the one that thinks Andrew wants to kiss you," she retorts with a scoff.

I shake my head at her, glaring at her silently before turning away.

"Wait, did you say Andrew?" The words slip out my mouth before I can think it over as the idea pops in my head to change the topic, to pretend this was all just her misunderstanding, "I said Tom," my nonchalant voice reveals nothing suspicious.

I take a small peep at her as I slowly look back at her, waiting what her response will be as I grow curious. Her blueish green eyes widened as she looked up at me, the words settling in.

"Ooooh, that makes sense now!" She takes my information in with excitement, "Ya, I see it, he's totally into you," she says, acting like it's wonderful news.

I roll my eyes.

"Nina's got a boyfriend, Nina's got a boyfriend," she sings, joking around, our recent conversation forgotten to her as she giggles to herself.

I laugh as she does the same, her back collapses onto the bed as she giggles and I join her.

Our Girls Night continued... And just for a moment I forget about Andrew and the fact that I lied to my best friend about Andrew....