Chapter 52

Our laughs fade from our recent conversations. We all leaned back as we tried to adjust to make our laughter stop.

"I've got to go now," I slip out, still smiling from the laughs.

They don't really hear me, probably still thinking about what we were just talking about.

I stand up anyway, swinging my bag over my shoulder and my legs step out of the bench.

I watch as Alex's relaxed expression switches to confused in a second. Taking in the fact that I'm standing up, her mouth widens.

"What?" She says loudly, confusion clear in her voice, as if appalled. "Where you going?" she asks, her eyebrows scrunch down in confusion as she speaks.

"I'm just leaving," I say, shrugging.

She moves closer to the table and leans on it, no longer tilted back from the laughter.

"Why?" she asks, curiosity in her voice and confusion at the same time.

"Why not?" I say, still smiling and I shrug. Really only thinking about seeing Andrew, I don't find her reaction strange or think that maybe what I'm doing is what's strange.

"Hmm," she says, and suspicious is clear in her eyes as she concentrates on my next movements.

I move my leg slowly and watch as her eyes follow them, I do the same with my next and she continues watching me. After awhile of amusing her with this game, I just laugh and begin to walk normaly.

"Bye." I wave as I stride out the cafeteria.

I don't look back but I can tell her eyes are on me, probably with the same appaled look, I don't care though. I'm too happy in this moment, not only did I laugh with my friends but now I'm going to see Andrew. I think I deserve that.

I giggle at my thoughts and continue walking and into the deserted hallway I go.

In front of the school cafeteria is a long hallway and lockers surround the edges, but I turn to the right where a horizontal hallway is. That's the way to the library.

This hall has got no lockers on the sides, it's just the exterior wall of the cafeteria. But the other side shows some lockers and ever so often, instead of the locker's pattern, there is just another hallway and then the wall continues with its ongoing lockers again.

As I walk, I look to the side where the lockers and the hallways part.

Finally, where the library is, I stand there. Ready to open those big doors, but I turn around instead and look toward the hallway that sits in front of the library doors.

The tiles are shiny and dull yellow and the lockers surrounding them are green. It's deserted but there in the middle is one person.

My eyes widen in excitement as I see it's Andrew.

Our eyes meet at the same time and his eyes widen with life as well.

I drop the bag in my hand to the floor, I don't know but something in me tells me to.

I run, I run towards him and as if at impulse, he runs to me too.

His arms are open wide as he runs towards me.

I feel my hair whipping at the speed of my small sprint and then Andrew and I meet with the brace of our bodies colliding. Hugging and laughing. It felt all so graceful as he looked me in those eyes with passion and without a thought kissed me, bringing me to a fast feeling of warmth. It flushed all over my body and my hands cupped his checks as his arms wrapped around my torso.

And just when I felt like I was in another world, his lips parted and the kiss flickered to a close. It all felt so sweet as we disconnected. I kept my eyes closed, just enjoying the aftertaste of his lips, taking in the memory of our embrace.

When I open my eyes, a light is clear in my body, orbiting over me. I looked at those gorgeous wild green brown eyes and watched as his smile shined his face. His eyes sparkled with excitement and without a word he held my hand with his and we walked with elegance towards the library doors.

I felt like a Queen.