Chapter 9

I sit in a brown chair in the corner of the room, which is in between the kitchen and the wall. Squished in a perfect position where no one can bother me. My hands folded on top of each other. I look like an angel but wearing all black. Perfectly groomed and looking stunned by my surroundings, it's obvious I'm uncomfortable and do. not. fit in.

Looking around my surroundings, I see a blond and brunette girl shaking their butts against each other, their hands up in the air, and their hair shining with the fluorescent lights changing.

Other people dance on the circular tables, still, as others just stand around with drinks.

I groan as somebody steps on my foot.

"Hello," A man says, popping out of nowhere. He sits on top of the kitchen island with a cocktail glass, trying to look sexy. "Here," he says, giving me the glass in his hands, a small smirk playing at his lips.

"No, thank you," I say, trying to act polite and then I look away, partly disgusted by his offer, but not surprised at the same time.

"Come on, have fun." He smiles. I roll my eyes and decide to just grab the glass out of his hand, maybe this will get him to leave me alone.

I look down at the glass in my hand, suspecting it as I notice inside there are red things floating around it. 

"What is this?" I ask, kinda disgusted by the idea of this drink.

"It's wine," he tells me. Ya right. 

I smell the 'wine' and shake the glass, buying myself some time before I eventually have to drink it.

He raises an eyebrow when seeing my action.

"I'm a wine expert," I lie.

I'm about to put my lips to the glass when...

"Ya, drink that up, baby," he encourages, voice dark and intrigued, eyes lowered, hypnotized by my lips. His words stop my movement and I look up at him, spotting his expression, growing wary as my eyes scrunch down in disgust, I try to hide it of course and act nonchalant, unbothered by him.

Suspicious of his intentions and of this wine, I give him a fake innocent smile, acting like I don't notice him inching closer to me, hovering over me.

I stand up and plaster yet another fake smile, gaining more space. Standing made me feel less vulnerable, as we're more apart because of this action.

"Drink up," he encourages again, feeling more like pressure though.

I put my lips to the glass. We look at each other, the glass in between us, we can only see each other's eyes, yet I can still sense his demeanor and scary figure. I give him a seductive look, making him think he's still got a chance.

He smiles back, getting lost by my act and then I splash the 'wine' on his face.

"Uggh," He groans as he wipes his eyes.

I use this chance to scurry off.

"Not so fast," he sneers, pulling my hand, pushing me against the beige wall.

"You thought you could get away?" He taunts, smiling wickedly.

My breathing has quickened as he pulls my tousled hair back. His breath reeking of alcohol as his face comes closer to mine, making me want to try and inch my head farther back, but I'm already stuck to the wall.

So, I decide to stomp my foot on his as a way of defense, but it misses, hitting the carpeted floor instead.

He grabs my other hand, stopping any further form of escape to happen, as he puts it up against the wall.