Chapter 57

The day has gotten darker and chillier as I turn the corner, wrapping my jacket tighter around my body.

Maybe I should've gotten a warmer jacket?

The trees blow in the small breeze as I walk through the almost misty sidewalk. The sun's still out, setting in the far west, illuminating a bright orange light to my path while the mist is only behind me. I let the remaining sun lead me towards the park. I turn the corner once more and enter the gates of the park. It's a park right by my school, a usual meet out place for teenage students to go to. There are round table benches where my friends and I usually meet and the playground is right behind those benches.

I spot Alexandra's brown curly hair waving in the wind and I see Tom cozying up next to her, rubbing his gloved hands together. I see he's prepared for the cold autumn breeze. I wave to them as they spot me. Entering further into the park, I walk toward the bench, sitting across the two of them. Alex wears a brown fancy coat with light brown puffs at the ends of her sleeves.

"Hey," I say.

"Hey," Alex says in a deep voice and then explodes in a bunch of giggles. I giggle along with her.

As the giggles dim, I shiver as the cold air hits me once more. I look down at my hands trying to rub them together to make some sort of warmth.

"I see you're cold," Tom observes and I look up at him.

His mouth curves up in a fast smile and then his lips curl back down.

"I told you it would be chilly," he states, turning his head as he looks at his surroundings. Nodding at the trees around him as if agreeing with his own statement,"Yep, it's getting wayyy chilly," he says, and the trees suddenly feel like they're closing in on me and the sun disappears for a moment. I feel stupid for not bringing a warmer jacket along with me. But then the feeling leaves as Alex begins her childish spits of laughter once more.

"Oh my god, Tommm, you're so serious." she laughs, her eyes are closed as she wacks Tom's arm.

Tom smirks slightly at her touch and shakes his head.

"Well, I am being serious. It. is. cold," he says again but in a more playful mood.

I just watch them as they go back and forth in a... I wanna say... flirtatious matter? I've never seen him act so cool, almost smug.

He shrugs and pushes his shoulder against her's.

His black hair blows in the wind as he does so, his smile brightening as Alex continues this game of bumping shoulders, and they play some sort of competition to push each other off the bench.

I watch warily at the two of them, but mostly at Tom. I'm used to Alex acting giddy and ridiculous but not... Tom.

I observe him and suddenly I'm more intrigued by him.

His cheeks turns up on his pale skin, trying to hide his smile with a smirk. He wears a warm black leather coat. Damn, what is it and leather?

He doesn't wear it like the usual cool boys, but he could easily be considered as one if you didn't know him. He has a small red scarf wrapped around his neck too. I suddenly feel warm as I just awe at his features, I never knew he was this handsome, some might even say... beautiful.  

The remaining sunlight hits his face as he laughs out load, I don't hear it though. I hear the rustle of leaves and the sun's heat taking over me and I suddenly hear a song in my heart.

I sigh, leaning my elbow on the table, my head sinking in my hand.

I smile lightly and then I look to what Tom is laughing about and I notice Alexandra once more. Her beautiful light brown face shining in the orange sunlight as she laughs, her body continuing to bump into Tom's and I notice Tom once more. Them. together. The full picture of what's happening and everything suddenly goes dark and the light around the park vanishes as it grows cold.