Chapter 36

The rest of the week continued.

Ignoring my mother's calls, leaving home, going to school early to avoid the crash of the recent conversation, and it was kind of relaxing to be quiet and being in this mood of doing absolutely nothing.

Classes, the same as always and then, as I expected, Lunch to be the same as always but then I remembered that yesterday, I'm supposed to be sitting with my friends again.

I groaned at the thought as I entered the cafeteria.

Readying myself, I plastered a fake smile as I walked towards their table.

"Hey guys." I smile, my mouth closed.

They reply with a low "hey" as I swing my lunch bag onto the table and sit down.

Taking out my food and snacks, I began to munch on them.

There's only silence.

It's so weird.

Sally hasn't arrived yet, just Alexandra next to me and Tom across from me.

The only sound is the loud crunch of my carrot eating.

Damn, now I'm the one who's eating carrots.

"Sooo," I say, trying to end the silence, "What's up?" My cheeks go up as I wait for an answer.

Alexandra sighs, turning to her side to face me.

"Well, nothing much." She shrugs.

"Ya," Tom agrees.

I nod at them. My head going up and down, still waiting for more conversation but nothing comes, so I go back to my snacks.

"You're not going to ask?" Alexandra pipes.

"Um, what?" I look at her, confused.

"I'm mad that it's so cold, we can't go outside," she whines, "Why do we live in a stupid town that gets so cold too fast?" She groans, pouting like a baby.

I roll my eyes and smile, for real.

"Girl, relax." I wrap my arm around her, "It's all good, it's probably better this way,"

"I guess, I mean we would be freezing out there,"

Tom and I nod.

"Ya, plus the memories of the last time we were there, ya know,"

"What?" she asks, clearly confused as she backs away from me, my arm now hanging on its own.

She looks at me like I've said something wrong.

I look at Tom and he just shrugs at my questioned eyes.

I look back at Alex and just continue talking.

"With Sally and stuff, me and A-Andrew," I begin to cough at the thought of his name, feeling embarrassed at how I just stuttered it out.

"Are you okay?" Alex asks, patting on my back as I cough.

"I guess I'm not the only one who's eating carrots can be a problem," Tom interjects.

"Oh, shut up," I swat at him as I try to digest my cough to stop.

And Alex begins to laugh.

Tom too.

And then me.

Laughing like old times, for no entire reason.

Forgetting what we were talking about, we just laugh, my cough still going on but added with laughter.

At least one good thing has happened in my day.

We all start making fun of our carrots, making it our new thing between the three of us.

Tom begins to talk to his carrots and instead of groaning in annoyance, we laugh at his stupidity.

It was great.

I couldn't stop laughing.

I forgot about my mom, my relationship between Andrew and how I felt about him, and about Sally.