Chapter 7

A few hours later Henry was reunited with his comrades. Lizzy sat next to him in the large tent they were staying in, her good arm wrapped around him while her wounded one rested in a cast. Boone checked his hunting rifle, only covered in scratches. Arcade limped over to Shank, who received the worst of the blast. His right eye was blasted out, one of his feet was mangled and probably needed amputated, and his chest was wrapped in a bloody bandage.

"So we might have these people on our side?" Lizzy asked.

Henry nodded. "They seem to hate the Legion as much as the next sane man, so I doubt they will refuse."

"I hope so, their weaponry is what we need to kill those son's a bitches." Boone agreed.

Shank screamed in pain as Arcade used a surgical saw to remove the mangled foot. "Damnit!"

Arcade quickly grabbed a pre-war plasma torch and sauntered Shank's foot, causing him to scream more. "These bastards have a lot to answer for."

Henry nodded. Suddenly the coms radio turned on and Yes-man's voice came through."Hey boss man! Mr. McNamara of the Brotherhood wants to speak to you."

"Patch him through." Henry said.

A few seconds later Elder McNamara’s voice spoke through the microphone on the PiP-Boy. "President Ramriz, do you have a moment?"

"Yes I do, what’s going on?" Henry said.

"I'm not going to sugarcoat this so I'll tell you right now. The Legion's on the move."

Henry stood up swiftly. "You’re shitting me right?"

"Wish I was, but our scouts report their traveling north. So far our camp at Camp Guardian is under siege. We're holding steady, but with the Enclave's help the Legion's going to bust through soon."

"Contact the Boomers. Tell them to give you air support if you need it." Henry ordered.

"And there is one more thing. Marcus the super mutant, he has been killed." McNamara said.

Henry stood in silence. This was bad. Having the enemy make the first move was bad, but with Marcus's death, all the Super Mutant's and Nightkin would go insane. "Any contact with Jacobstown?"

"I don't know,. Veronica and your forces would though." Elder McNamara replied.

Henry turned off the mic. "The Legion has moved. They haven't done any damage yet, but they probably will soon."

There was a knock at the door. Lizzy  walked over to it and opened the door. Joshua stood at the other side. "Henry, gather you're forces. Chief  Golden-flame has decided."

"Already?" Henry asked. "He said 24 hours."

"He usual overexerts what he says." Joshua replied.

They all got ready, except Arcade and Shank, and they followed Joshua to the chief’s tent. Golden-flame and his advisors stood around a table, torches lining the walls. In the center of the table was a bowl of water and a knife. Golden-flame didn't say anything, but he picked up the knife and slit his palm. He clenched his fist, letting small droplets of blood pour into the water.

"Now." Golden-flame said. "President Rameriz, if you want our support, you must make a blood offering to the god HellFire."

Henry looked at Joshua, then at Lizzy. Then he picked up his own knife and cut his own hand, letting the blood drip into the water. An advisor wrapped a cloth around Henry’s hand to staunch the bleeding. Golden-flame poured a small amount of flamer fuel in the water. then he lit it. The fire danced on top of the water as the Firewalkers chanted, After a minute or so, Golden-flame looked at Henry. "To the Firewalker's, you shall be known as Quick-silver, for you way with words and the power you possess." He and Henry shook hands.

"Thank you, so does that mean you will help us?" Henry asked.

"Yes, Quick-Silver." Golden-flame replied, using Henry’s newly bestowed name. "I will send some of our best Hellraiders to your land to protect your people. In return, we wish only for supplies like food, water, and weapons."

Henry nodded. "We'll supply you with whatever we can."

***********************************************************************************************************************

The next morning, Henry and the others left the camp and radioed in the Vertibird. It landed and they entered the bird.

"Take us back to New Vegas." Henry said to the pilot.

The pilot turned around and Lizzy, Arcade, Boone, and Shank (now outfitted with cybernetic prosthetics) slumped down in their seats, darts in their bodies. Henry reached for his gun, but he fell out of his seat, a dart sticking out of his neck. He pulled it out and saw the serum inside was already gone, in his bloodstream. As his vision faded, he heard the pilot speak.

"Scribe Jackson, The President of New Vegas is incapacitated, heading back to-" that was all Henry heard when he fell unconscious.