Chapter 6

Ceaser woke up at exactly four o'clock in the evening. He sat up, feeling unusually calm. He noticed the pain in his head was gone, the first time ever since the war at Hoover Dam started.

"That son-of-a-bitch did it." Ceaser said, his voice sounded like a Vertabird engine running on Animal fat from underuse. Just then, Augustus Autumn walked in.

"Welcome back to the land of the living." he said. "How are you feeling?"

"Good." replied Ceaser "In fact, I haven't felt this good in a long time. Thank you, you have found yourself a valuable ally." Vulpes Inculta walked in, a bit winded.

"Lord Ceaser." said Inculta "I regret to inform you that the attempt on Courier Six's life was a failure."

"I am not surprised. He is a slippery bastard. Over the years, you have done me a great service, my friend." replied Ceaser. He grabbed the hilt of his sword and touched the blade on Inculta's brow. "Now I pronounce you Legate Vulpes.

Surprised, Legate Inculta stood up. "Thank you, lord Ceaser." he said, and he slowly walked out of the tent.

"Must be a quite honor to be Legate." Mused Autumn.

"The Legate is the second in command." Replied Ceaser. "He will obey my orders, of course, but he has full reign over his subordinates."

A armor-clad soldier rushed in. 'Enclave,' thought Ceaser 'Too weak to go out in battle without armor, but clever to use it against their enemies.' The soldier said something to Autumn, but Ceaser could not hear it, but he heard the Colonel's reply.

"Tell our strike team now is the time to engage Escado in Megaton. He had been a pain in the ass for too long." said Autumn.

"Trouble?" asked Ceaser.

"Just a problem back on home turf," replied Autumn "Nothing to worry yourself about, it will be over soon enough."