Chapter 3

Lou tossed his assault rifle into the soldiers face, using the distraction to stab him in the throat.

“What the hell was that?” Said one of the soldiers on the catwalk. “Bravo six, Bravo six do you read this is Charlie Seven repeating. Bravo Six?”

“Lou quickly pulled off the dead soldier’s helmets and spoke into the michrophone. “Charlie Seven this is Bravo six. Thought I saw something in one of these passage ways.”

“Everything look fine?” asked the Enclave soldier.

“Yeah, yeah everything’s fine everything’s under control.” Lou stuttered. “Uh, how are you?”

“You, get down there and see whats going on. This is no time for games.” Said the soldier.

Lou dropped the helmet and grabbed his gun. “Lets get the fuck out of here guys! The sewer line to inner Freeside should be down this hall.” The King’s members ran as plasma bolts flew over head.

“Its them! Kill ‘em!” yelled one of the soldiers.

The soldiers chased the gang members through the sewers until they entered another pumping area. One of them fired up, causing some of the pipes to rupture. Water quickly filled the chamber below.

“Shit! That water is rising way to fast!” Pacer yelled.

“Get throught the walkway!” Lou yelled. “I’ll close the gate so you don’t get flooded out!”

Pacer looked over at Lou like he was insane. “No way. That water will kill you!”

“The King needs as many of his men as possible.” Lou retorted. “This water will kill us all unless the flow can be stopped.”

Pacer looked like he was about to retort again, then he sighed. “Good luck.”

Lou put a hand on Pacer’s shoulder. “I’ll  be fine. Now get the fuck out of here!” he watched his fellow gang members run into the other pathway. He rushed to the main control pannel and pressed a button on the console. The gate The Kings ran through slammed shut just as one of the walls broke away. The sight made Lou’s stomach drop. Three Blind Deathclaws climbed through, sniffing the air.

“Oh shit! There’re Deathclaws in here!” yelled one of the soldiers.

“Back the other way! Hurry!” yelled the other soldier.

“We can’t. The doors closed!” yelled the first. The Blind Deathclaws heard the noise and headed towards the soldiers. Lou ducked and covered his head as he heard screaming and the tearing of armor and flesh.

“Shit, shit , shit.” Lou whispered. “I’d rather drown than get eaten by those things.”

******************************************************************************

Pacer opened the manhole into inner Freeside, only to be greeted by several guns pointing at his face.

“Jesus, Pacer you need to be more careful. I could’ve vaped you.” Said a voice above him. Pacer looked up and grimaced. It was Simon, the doorman at the Silver Rush, a Energy Weapons store. He accepted Simon’s outstretched hand and pulled himself up, the rest of The Kings following him out.

“What’s the situation?” he asked.

“The Follower’s of the Apocalypse are holding back the Enclave and Legion as best they can. The Boomer’s airstrikes helped, but they won’t slow them down. In any case we have three minutes, tops.”

“Damnit.” Pacer swore. “Where’s The King at?”

“Arguing with Ms. Van Graff.” Simon sighed. “He’s been trying to convice her to loan Energy weapons to The Kings before we get overrun.”

“What’s that bitch’s excuse?” Asked one of the gang members.

Simon shrugged. “Apparently she’ll think the Enclave will leave her alone. But-“

“But apparently she’s so fucking stupid she forgot the Legion will out number her.” Pacer snapped. “Outta my way, I’ve gotta help the King out.” Pacer got up and walked over to the Silver Rush. Two Guards stood at the door, Plasma weapons at the ready. “Let me in!”

“No one is coming in or out, Ms. Van Graff’s orders.” Said one of the guards.

Pacer was about to reach for his gun when the guard he was talking to was turned into a pile of goo. The other guard raised his weapon, but the same thing happened to him. Pacer turned around and saw Simon walking up to him.

“I didn’t think you’d be coming to my resuce.” Pacer grunted.

“That’s my way of telling Van Graff I quit,” Simon said. “If she’s going to be this stupid, I’ll find somewhere else to work.”

Pacer smiled. “If we get through this mess I’ll put a good word in for you.”

“Thanks. Now lets get in there and talk some sense into that idiot.” Simon said.

They walked inside and saw that the store looked like a warzone. Several King’s members and Van Graff guards lay dead on the floor. Burn marks and bullet holes were everwhere. And in the center of the room were three people. The King was near two manaquins and some old TV’s, his hand’s tied together, face all bloodied, and kneeling down. Jean-Baptiste Cutting (Van Graff’s head of security.) stood next to Gloria Van Graff.

“I told you once that we’d wouldn’t get involved,” Gloria said in a unemotional voice. “Then you let your men wreck my store. Now look where you’re at. And the answer is still no.”

“You stupid bitch.” The King grumbled. “You have no idea what the Legion will do to you when they get here.”

“With out large supply of Tech, the Enclave will most likely make us one of their own.” Gloria argued. “We technicaly have diplomatic immunity.”

“My ass.” The King said. “You’re delusional. Any minute now you’ll be-“

Jean-Baptiste hit The King across the head with the butt of his plasma rifle. “I suggest you shut the fuck up.”

“It won’t matter anyways. Any minute now we’ll make an example of you,” Gloria smirked. “Jean, take your position.”

Jean-Baptiste walked to the counter and aimed his gun at The King.

“Ready.”

He turned of the safety.

“Aim.”

He closed one eye, making sure he wouldn’t.

“Fire.”