Chapter 3

Ceaser, leader of the Legion, lay in his bed. He ordered his Praetorian guard to stop anyone from getting to him without his permission. He was experiencing tremendous pain in his head. It was that way for a year and it was steadily getting worse. If he didn't do anything about it, he was sure that he would die.

A man walked in. He wore a red tunic with a Legion banner on his back. The man was Vulpes Inculta, leader of the Frumenarli, the Legions flag bearers.

"Lord Ceaser." Said Inculta "There is a man by the name of Augustus Autumn of the Enclave, he wishes a audience with you."

"What does Autumn want?" asked Ceaser.

“He wants to form a alliance with the Legion and the Enclave. He also claims to know what causes you this pain." Vulpes explained. At those words Ceaser sprang up and said. "Send him in." He pulled himself out of bed and sat at his long table, pouring himself a glass of water. He strictly forbid any use of alcohol and chems from use in the Legion, so his men would be in top condition.

A tall, pale man wearing a large trench coat walked in. He had greying-auburn hair, pale green eyes, and spoke in a refined Southern-American accent. "Hello there. My name is Augustus Autumn. Colonel of the American Enclave, and hopefully your future business partner and friend." He held out one gloved hand.

Ceaser took the hand and shook it. "I’m  Ceaser. Leader of the Legion. My flag bearer tells me you know what’s wrong with me?" he said.

"Yes." said Autumn. He removed the glove on his right hand. The hand was a solid shiny metal. The tip of the index finger split and became two halves. He held open one of Ceaser's eyelids with the tips, then he switched to the other. He retracted his hand and put the glove back on. Then he spoke in a more drastic tone. "You have a tumor that has been slowly eating away at your brain. If we don't fix it you will die."

Ceaser felt the blood drain from his face as he spoke. "How long will it take for you to fix me?" he asked.

"Well," thought Autumn.  "If you let me opperate now it will take about several hours. Only four if you let me use Med-X"

"Very well." said Ceaser. He instructed Inculta to let all of his guards know that Augustus Autumn had full privileges to work on him. Ceaser laid back down on his bed as Autumn gave him a dose of anesthetic.