Chapter 13

New Vegas was the crown jewel of the Mojave Wasteland. Being one of the few pre-war cities left unscathed by nuclear fire made it a spectacle to behold. Like many others, Henry thought this when he first entered the area, and he still felt the same way of his beloved city today.

But instead of staying to run his city, he was preparing to leave, not indefinitely, but not for a short time either.  So his second-in-command, the giant securitron Yes-Man, was left in charge until his return.

Henry stood in front of the Veritbird that would take him to New Carson, where he would find his first potential allies. Accompanying him was Arcade Gannon, his top scientist and medical engineer, Michael Shank, a member of his guard, and Craig Boone. Boone was a unusual and somber man. Henry met him in Novac in the Dingo the Dino watchtower. Boone asked Henry to help him look for Clara's, his deceased wife's, kidnapper and seller to Legion slavers. Even though the culprit and the slavers were long dead, Boone was as somber and angry as the day he and Tyler first met.

As they loaded into the Vertibird, Henry felt a pang of sadness. This was his home, and he wasn't sure he was going to see it this beautiful ever again.

"Hey." said Boone. "The pilot wants to know if we can depart."

Henry nodded. The vertibird was soon in the air. Henry sat down and looked at his team. A leader, a geeky and pale field medic, a gun for hire, and a angry sniper. Not normally a group seen traveling together, but this group was willing to do and sacrifice anything to save their home.

"So here’s the plan." He said to the others. "We'll land a few miles south of Carson."

"Sir," Shank said in his Cajun accent. "Why exactly are we landin south of ta city? I mean we could just land in the center to save us the trouble."

"To risky." said Arcade. "Yakuza and the mafia have AA cannons; they'll blow us out of the sky thinking we're on the other side."

"Stay focused guy's. Once we land we'll need to convince them to curb the violence. If not we'll take one side out to make the other join us." Continued Henry. "It’s going to be a long way to get there, so I suggest we get some shut eye until we get there."

**********************************************************************************************************************

A hour later, the vertibird landed on a grass field, the wind was warm and musty. The four exited the Vertibird.

"I'll contact you when things are done here and with the Firewalkers." Henry said to the pilot. The Vertibird rose in the air, leaving them alone in the field. They all walked north, the scenery unchanging until a immense city was brought in their image.

"Boone, what do you see?" Henry asked.

Boone looked through the scope of his .50 Caliber sniper rifle. "Nothing." he said. "we should be fine as far as I can tell." Taking his word, Henry led the assembled group to a secluded and ruined building.

"We'll set up camp here." he said. "In a few hours, we will go and find either the Caecilians or the Yakuzain's."