IRIS on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Jimmy Fallon Interviews Iris ||| The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

"And here is the woman who has just come out with her debut solo Album called Resolution

"And here is the woman who has just come out with her debut solo Album called Resolution. BLACKPINK's IRIS." Jimmy introduced the girl that was on call over in South Korea. She was sat in a random room that was not a part of the girl's dorm. 

"Hi Jimmy. I'm so excited to be here. I've been very busy at the moment." Iris spoke with a laugh before noises were heard on her side of the call and she shook her head before focussing back on Jimmy. 

"Well I heard you came out with two songs. Play and Cry For Me. Just by the names they sound so different from each other. So how did the two songs end up being chosen?" Jimmy asked the girl when he picked up her album picture. 

"Well I had only wrote Play. Which was the happier side of love or a breakup which is almost a continuation from Lovesick girls in the flower field. And then when they wanted a second song from me I worked with Teddy Park and we worked on the lyrics together and we wrote Cry For Me which shows the dark side to a break up and how my person in Lovesick Girls felt after the breakup." Iris told the man as she described the story behind the two songs. 

"Well, we also did hear some news about a potential boyfriend. And You do not have to answer but could you tell us about him. We do know he is called Minho and he is in SHINee." Jimmy asked her wanting to divert onto a smaller topic for a second. 

"Oh God. How do I describe him?" Iris said with a laugh feeling comfortable to tell people about their relationship. "Well we have been dating since September of 2019 and he has been away in the military enlistment and I haven't been able to see him that much but I am staying with him for a few days before I go back to the girls." She told Jimmy. "But Minho... He is just amazing. He treats me better then anyone else has done other then the girls. Obviously." 

And at this point the door of the room she was in opened. "Baby are you alright. I heard my name." The boyfriend asked from off camera. 

"Yes I am fine. I am in an interview and he asked about you. and no you can see it when it is out bub." Iris told her boyfriend before he stepped into the camera image and pressed a kiss on her forehead before he left. And while he was walking out she was a blushing mess. 

"Aww you two are so cute." Jimmy commented before he moved back onto talking about music. "Well how has the journey of your solo album been. We heard that you made a mini series based on it all on YouTube." 

"Yes I did. I did  that so people could see how much effort went into making each component of the song. The recording. The dance practice and the dance in general. The Music video planning. And the filming of the music video. And then the stages for each of the songs. I really wanted BLINKs to know how hard I had worked on this single album." Iris told the man as she explained the concept of her mini series of Behind The Scene's footage. 

"Now we did hear about The Show which will be happening soon for BLINKs around the world. Do you have anything you can say about the project?" Jimmy asked the girl wanting to know more about what the girls were planning. 

"Well something I can reveal is that it is a celebration for us as singers. We will have it being like a giant concert and it will be treated in the same way. We wished we could meet all of out BLINKs face to face but sadly we cannot but this makes up for not seeing them but we can still perform for them." Iris revealed some things about The Show but she kept a lot of it a secret for BLINKs all around the world that could be watching. 

Iris Performs Cry For Me ||| The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

She does the dance as normal in the dance above and she does it in a black set which has white smoke covering the floor. And she has a few white or coloured lights around the room to make it a bit brighter before 3:30 when the set becomes fully white and they dance. 

And for her final pose she is picked up by male dancers and she lifts her hand to the top as she bends her back and she is spun showing she is looking dead as her eyes are closed.