Kai Parker Angst

Requested by @tvdustorylover

Word Count- 3,595

Summary- Kai says something that makes you insecure, so you walk out on him, and only then he realizes how much he actually needs you.

+++ possible trigger warnings of abusive relationships/toxic relationships +++

*** Your outfit, but you are free to imagine your own

*** Your outfit, but you are free to imagine your own. ***

You stood at the pool table, watching your boyfriend, Kai, talk to some girl from afar. Everyone in your friend group had gone out tonight, needing a break from the sexy sirens that just had to invade Mystic Falls. It could have been anywhere else, but no, of course not. You watched as he blushed and laughed at something the girl had said before his eyes fell on you, who quickly turned away once his gaze met yours. 

You continued to play pool with Elena, Damon, and Caroline- giggling and drinking as the game went on when you felt two cool arms wrap around your body from behind. Their chin rested on your shoulder as you looked over the next moves you could make.

"Hi," Kai whispered and pecked your cheek, making you blush. 

"Hi," You whispered back and turned your head so he could kiss you. You kiss his jaw and down his neck, making him sigh and totally forgetting you're in a public restaurant.

"Hey! Lovebird, it's your turn," Damon gagged. You laughed, and Kai released his grip on you, wandering off somewhere else. You circled the table until you spotted an opening for a shot. You bent down and went to take the shot, and as soon as you were about to hit it, your eye caught sight of Kai and the girl from earlier with a friend of hers. They were both feeling him up, grasping his muscles through his thin jacket and playing with his hair as they looked at him with doe eyes, and he just smirked in response. The sight before you made you totally miss your shot. The ball shot off the table and almost hit an innocent old lady in the head. You mouthed "Sorry" to her and set your pool stick to the side.

"Y/N, are you okay?" Caroline asked, making her way over to you. Her gaze followed yours, and she cursed under her breath. She gripped your arm and pulled you over to the scene. 

"Can I help you?" The girl asked you and Caroline. You glared at her and crossed your arms over your chest.

"Yeah, that's my boyfriend, and I would appreciate it if you would stop touching him," You said with a smirk.

"Oh, he never mentioned anything about having a girlfriend!" The other girl said tauntingly.

Your eyes diverted to Kai's. He didn't look too thrown about the whole situation. "Oh, he didn't?" You asked, your eyes on him.