Kai Parker Angst/Smut - For my Sake and Yours

A/E/C- your eye color

Summary- Reader feels that Kai has been distant lately and wonders if he even loves or cares for her anymore, so she backs her bags. Kai gets home and sees what's happening, and immediately feels an overwhelming wave of guilt come over him, and he knows he can't lose her.

Word Count- 2866

A/N sat on the couch in her and Kai's shared house, waiting for him to come home. She had left countless voicemails saying how she's worried about her mom being alone in her home, so she wanted to talk to him about moving up to Chicago so her mom wouldn't be alone, but he never answered, which was happening a lot recently. Kai would go out with friends and not call or text her. A/N loved Kai so much, but she couldn't live like this. The constant fear of what he might be doing while he's out. She wanted so badly to trust him, but she couldn't. Lately, it was always just a kiss on the cheek or a quick hug, unlike when they first started dating. Kai was all over her in the beginning, and she loved it. Now it all felt one-sided. 

A/N checked her phone for the millionth time tonight, but there were no new text messages or calls. She sunk her head into her lap and cried. She loved Kai so much, but he didn't feel the same anymore, as she thought he had made it quite obvious to her. She got up, wiped her tears from her face, and walked upstairs to their bedroom, packing a bag. She couldn't hold in her tears as she started packing, not believing what she was about to do was actually real. She zipped up her bag after throwing some clothes in and the essentials. She went to the bathroom and stared into the mirror. Kai hadn't called her beautiful or even complimented her in so long, she didn't think she was anymore. She stared at her red, puffy eyes in the mirror and hugged her stomach. She shook her head and grabbed her suitcase, walking back downstairs with her suitcase and sitting on the couch, nervously waiting for Kai to get home.

It was 1:24 am when Kai finally walked in the door, laughing at something on his phone. He set his keys in a tray and looked up from his phone to see A/N nervously tapping her foot while slightly smiling at him.

"Oh, hey babe," He said nonchalantly.

"I uh, I called you and texted a few times. Why uh, why didn't you a-answer me?" She asked. He looked up at her and laughed it off slightly.

"Oh, you know I was busy. Damon and them actually like me now, isn't that-" He stopped mid-sentence seeing a bag packed at her feet. He cocked his head to the side and furrowed his eyebrows. "Wh-what's that for?" He asked, walking closer to her.

A/N closed her eyes, trying to hold back unwanted tears, "I um- I'm leaving," She whispered.

Kai gave her a look of confusion, "What- what do you mean? Like just for the weekend because I can-"

"No, Kai. I mean for g-good," She said, tears rolling down her cheeks. She stood and picked up her bag. Kai looked up at her, like really looked at her like he hadn't done in months, and his heart shattered seeing the hurt and pain hidden behind her A/E/C eyes, and he couldn't help but have this growing feeling inside of him that told him it was his fault. 

"What? No, why?" He asked getting nervous. 

"Kai, you can't act like this isn't what you've been wanting for months," She said shakily.

"What are you talking about?" He asked, angry that she could even think that.

She lowered her head, shaking from tears, but pulled herself together enough to look at him again, "Kai, I know you don't love me anymore, and that's okay. You were too good for me anyway. I- I have to let you go for my sake and yours. Hell, you haven't called me gorgeous or complimented me in months, or even touched me. I know you don't want me anymore, so I have to try and move on. I love you, but I have to go, or else I will never move on." She finally took a deep breath and watched the wave of guilt and pain wash over him. She placed a gentle kiss on his lips before quickly pulling away and heading for the door with her bag.