A Touching Reunion

Celestic Town

"Whose idea was it to have so many waterfalls on that route?"

I could see the entrance to the small town just ahead, Dawn quite far ahead of me. Even I had to admit, I was looking forward to the rest. Even though I had no water types, both dragon pokemon on the team were able to help us traverse the terrain. Unfortunately, Dawn didn't have to go through any such difficulties, her Empoleon taking her straight to the town up the mountain.

"Maybe you should just get a water pokemon? Ever think about that?" The blunette teased the three of us as we finally cleared the route.

I could only shake my head at her, knowing that karma would come back around sooner rather than later. As we finally stepped into the town, I was able to get a good look at the area. The town was built on a plateau on the mountain range. I could see the peak of Mount Coronet disappearing through the clouds to my west.

Dawn tugged at my arm and as I turned, she had already made her way toward one of the buildings. It was placed at the center of town and was noticeable larger than all of the others. From what I could see, the town wasn't exactly populated but considering the route my pokemon and I had to traverse before, I wasn't too surprised.

I turned to the dragon pokemon behind me who were quietly sleeping on the grassy path. Of course, I sympathised with them, returning them to their pokeballs to rest. Arcanine released himself from his pokeball, clearly excited about something. The two of us followed Dawn as she disappeared through the building's front door.

"Ah, young trainers thank you for joining me."

As I stepped through the heavy wooden door with Arcanine just in front, I could see that Dawn was joined by an elderly woman. She was picking out a book from one of the many bookshelves around the room. After she was satisfied with her choice, she joined Dawn and I at dining table. Arcanine and Empoleon were wrapped up in their own conversation so they weren't paying much attention to us.

The moment the book was placed on the table, I recognised the language on the cover. My eyes flared up for a brief moment but the other two didn't notice. The words rearranged themselves, reading, 'Myt- -kem- -nd -rce-: Bo- -' In the short time window that my eyes were able to read the words, they were too faded to make out completely, though I had an idea what the title read.

"It's good to see you again Dawn, and you must be Aaron." As the elder woman turned to me, I could tell she knew who I was. Of course, she might have heard of my by chance but I knew straight away that she knew much more than that.

I turned away from her eye contact, searching for anything else to look at. When I turned back, I saw that she was carefully turning the pages of the book, just too quickly for my eyes to translate what they could see. After a moment, she stopped at a page, moving the book toward Dawn and I so we could see clearly.

"Professor Rowan told me all about what you've been tasked with. Looking back at what Team Galactic have previously tried, we think that it concerns this pokemon here."

Dawn and I followed her gaze as she looked down at the open book. I recogonised the creature on the page as Heatran, the lava pokemon. I thought back to my encounters with Team Galactic, specifically back to Oreburgh City.

Before Jupiter escaped with her team, three grunts disappeared down a hidden doorway. When they returned, one of them was holding something in what appeared to be a heatproof bag. I remembered the thick gloves he wore. That must have been the same magma stone that's used to summon Heatran.