A Psychic's Prediction

"Aaron, you seem a little distant."

Dawn's voice pulled me out of my thoughts and as I looked up to the blunette, I could see the concern in her eyes. We were sat outside the pokemon center, on one of the benches on the sidewalk while the festival raged on throughout the city.

Even amongst the commotion, my mind was calm and my thoughts silent. Truthfully, I was thinking about Arcanine and how he was getting along back in Kalos. A day had passed since he parted ways and I hoped that everything was going smoothly, even if that meant I had to wish support for the man I spent years fighting against.

"Is everything ok? You keep spacing out."

"Uh, yeah, I'm good. Just, you know, thinking."

The blunette shuffled a little closer to my side of the bench, tucking a loose strand of hair under her beanie. She looked up from her feet to the city ahead of us where families and young couples were enjoying the festival.

I followed her gaze, thinking about how different my life would have been if I wasn't troubled with the likes of Team Flare and now, Team Galactic. But this was part of the life I lived and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

The sun had just reached its peak, meaning that there was only half a day remaining before the festival week came to an end. By all means, we had enjoyed our time, using this as a getaway from everything else that was going on in the region.

Elaine and May had rushed off, using these few remaining hours to squeeze every ounce of fun out of the festival. Red had opted to spend the time with his pokemon, offering to watch over our teams while we indulged in the activities of the human world.

"Hey, are you guys still here?" May's familiar voice called out to Dawn and I, her and Elaine at the other end of the street. The rushed over to us, the festival's excitement still flowing through them. "We should go see the fortune teller, there's one here!"

Dawn and I exchanged confused looks. I, for one, wasn't too big on fortune tellers but I was slyly hoping to be proven wrong. May pulled Dawn to her feet, not taking no for an answer. Before I could say anything, I realised I was outnumbered.

"Ah Red! You're here, that's great!" Elaine turned to me just as the silent trainer exited the pokemon center. He flashed me an uncertain look and I only half smiled back to him before I was pulled to my feet by the light blonde.

The five of us made our way through the crowded city, lead by May and Elaine who had become familiar with the town during their time here. As we passed through the streets, I noticed that there seemed to be a lot more people about, noting that the city hadn't been this busy at all during the past week. When I mentioned this to May she only shook her head, saying that they were all gathered here for what would happen later at night.

"Here we are!" May proclaimed in an excited tone, clearly intrigued by the mention of a fortune teller or psychic or whatever they were going to call themselves.

"This is it? It's just someone's house." I spoke the last part under my breath, not wanting to give the impression that I was already giving up on this. Neither Elaine or May seemed to care about what I said, knocking on the front door.

There was no response and after a while I contemplated leaving. But just as I turned around, the door opened up, revealing a tall violet haired man. He wore a deep crimson suit and purple tinted shades over his deep lavender eyes. He didn't say anything at first but he seemed to recognise Dawn.

"Ah, Dawn, it's a pleasure to see you again." The man looked over the rest of us, no doubt analysing us with his calculating brain. "What can I help you young trainers with?"