Trouble in Paradise

"About fucking time!"

Finally, Empoleon and I had made it to the end of the insanely long grassy bridge. Hunched over, I leaned on the shoulder of the water type, tired out from the hours of walking. The sun was sat on the open ocean just ahead of the small island we had been led to. The calm waters stirred gently under the light breeze, making the long walk worth it for this beautiful view.

"How about that Empoleon? I bet no one else has seen a view like this."

The water type nodded in agreement, his eyes fixed on the picturesque sight ahead of us. After a few minutes of appreciating the view, I turned my attention to the small island we were stood on.

Flowers of all shapes and sizes decorated the grassy land. The edges of the island were steep, meaning it wasn't exactly safe to jump into the water surrounding us. I looked up, toward the small hill at the center of the island, flowers describing a path that lead to the hills' peak.

Slowly, I made my way up the path, approaching the hill's peak. Now that I stood at the highest point of the island, I could clearly see all the way around. The island was considerably small, so it didn't surprise me that its location wasn't mentioned in any maps of the region.

At the center of the hill, there was a small six leafed flower. The petals were flushed a light rose, the flower at the center a light yellow colour. It blew gently in the breeze, the few leaves blowing gently. I crouched down beside the flower, examining it more closely.

It was then, that I recognised the flower. This was a Gracidea flower and was extremely rare in the Sinnoh region. In fact, I wasn't sure I had even heard of any regions being native to this type of flower.

"Shaaaayyyy"

The cry of a pokemon rang out from the skies caught my attention. I took a step back, looking toward the clear sky above but there was no sign of the pokemon. Quickly, I turned to Empoleon but he simply shrugged his shoulders, also confused by the mysterious cry.

"Finally you show yourself! I've been waiting for forever!

A familiar voice rang in my ears as the shadows of two jet like pokemon descended from the air, landing where the grassy bridge met the small flowered island. Under the light of the setting sun, a deep purple haired woman revealed herself. The two pokemon by her side, coloured blue and red stared out to me, their eyes unmoving.

Slowly, I started shaking my head, a manic grin spreading across my face. I felt my eyes glowing under the evening sun, fixed on the uniformed woman before me.

"I know you didn't just follow me here after I did all the hard work." I looked up, staring straight into Jupiter's soul, unimpressed by how easily she found this island. "You have no idea how long it took to walk across that damn bridge and I'm not in the mood for any of your shit."

"Hmph, it doesn't matter what you think Dawn. I'm here for the pokemon, not you."

In response I let out a short laugh, unimpressed by the woman's attitude. "No, no. no. I don't think you realise Jupiter. You're going to turn around and leave before I change my mind."

The purple haired woman screwed her eyes, unsure how to respond to what I was saying. In truth, I didn't care if she came at me with the strength of the gods because I was going to make sure she regretted following me, especially after I walked across that entire bridge.

Empoleon made his presence clear, equally unimpressed by how Jupiter and the two pokemon beside her had just copied our homework. I reached for a second pokeball, releasing Gengar from her pokeball. The ghost pokemon quickly realised what was going on, turning her attention to the two dragon pokemon beside Jupiter.