The Sunyshore Brothers

"Intruder located. Elite def-"

"You can cut the shit Flint, we don't have to talk like those idiots."

I had to do a double take to make sure I was hearing right. The two men stood before me exchanged looks before laughing with each other at the mention of the uniformed guards. I looked over to Dragonite who was equally confused.

"Whatever man, I'm just trying to have some fun. It gets boring being like this Volkner, you should know."

Once the two realised Dragonite and I were still here, they looked over to us, their eyes glowing a faint light blue. They both had smiles on their faces, which came to a huge surprise to us.

"Oh shit, if it isn't Aaron! When they said there was an elite threat they weren't kidding." The deep red haired man looked over to us, clearly recognising us. The other man by his side shook his head slowly as if he was stood next to an idiot. "Man, we really would have loved to battle you in different circumstances, but I'm not complaining."

Both men readied their pokeballs, intent on a battle. I figured that they were affected by the same spell as the uniformed city guards but these two were much more aware of their actions, still retaining their personalities.

At once, the three of us released our pokemon, four pokemon now lining the makeshift field on the lighthouse floor. Wherever Red was I hoped he wasn't held up like me otherwise we'd be stuck here for a long time. The two people I was up against were no slouches and I couldn't afford to look away for even a moment.

"Infernape, let's show Aaron why we're the elite four!"

"Luxray, let's make this battle one to remember!"

I called on the help of my other dragon type, both Dragonite and Dragapult were ready for this battle and it showed on their faces.

"Acrobatics!" / "Ice fang!"

Our opponents moved quickly. Infernape and Luxray mixed up their attack patterns, crossing paths to confuse us. Both dragons retreated into the air above their opponents, avoiding the powerful moves. I knew I had to be careful as to not destroy the lighthouse we were battling inside of.

"Rock slide!" / "Thunder on the rocks!"

As the simultaneous moves were called out once again, a quarry of rocks came crashing down from the air above, exploding on impact as the powerful bolt of lightning collided with the rock move. The crushed rocks and debris came crashing down onto Dragonite and Dragapult, both able to escape with only minor injuries.

I gritted my teeth, seeing my own strategy being used against me but I shook the thought. I couldn't afford to be on the defensive for this battle, knowing I had to take charge sooner rather than later.

"Dragapult, use phantom force. Dragonite, superpower!"

The stealth pokemon vanished into the air as his partner readied her attack. Dragonite's scales gave off a hot red steam as she smashed her fist into Luxray, sending him flying into Infernape. Both pokemon crashed into a wall but returned to their feet quickly, letting out loud roars to show they weren't going to roll over so easily.

"Luxray, use play rough!"

"Infernape, use overheat!"

The electric pokemon charged toward Dragonite, cloaked in a mystical veil. The dragon pokemon braced for impact, waiting until the perfect moment to catch Luxray in her hands to deter the super effective fairy move.

But, we were unable to avoid the scorching wave of heat, the powerful fire move connecting with both Dragonite and Luxray. The dragon pokemon returned to the air, unshaken by the move.