Divinity Awakened

A meteor shower rained through the sky, each falling star radiating with draconic energy. The ruler of the Distortion World stayed high in the sky, roaring defiantly as Dragonite snaked through the meteor storm.

The King was determined to keep us far from Giratina but I had other plans. Dragonite let out a bellowing roar as she took to the skies above the throne room.

Silently the void watched on, seeing the intensity of the battle rise until reaching boiling point. Cloaked in an ominous energy, Giratina faded into the air before Dragonite could get too close. Now the dragon pokemon was surrounded by nothing but the empty abyss.

"Giratina now use shadow force!"

In the blink of an eye, Dragonite plummeted through the air, unable to react to Giratina's attack in time. The renegade pokemon circled the remains of the palace from the skies, an emotionless expression on its face.

Slowly, Dragonite recovered, returning to the air after shaking off the damage she had taken from the powerful ghost attack. Here, only one pokemon reigned supreme and unfortunately for us, it was our opponent.

"Thunder Giratina."

There was a rumbling from above the palace as the void slowly parted. In a flash, a devastating bolt of lightning crashed through the skies, Dragonite evading at the last second.

I could see the fatigue from her previous battle catching up to her, reminding me how strong of an opponent shadow Mewtwo was. Nevertheless, the dragon pokemon wouldn't falter and I could always count on her to stay strong when it mattered the most.

"Dragonite, this is our battle now! Use hurricane!"

"Draco meteor to counter."

Without hesitating, Dragonite began to fly circles around Giratina, giving it nowhere to escape to. Encased in a spherical windstorm, the renegade pokemon let out a bellowing roar.

From where I was stood, I could see a glowing hot meteor shower crashing into the powerful gale wind. Dragonite retreated slightly, out of reach of the intense collision of moves.

A loud explosion rang through my ears, Giratina fighting to escape the cyclone prison. The ghost pokemon pushed through, its brute strength more than enough to turn the tide of the hurricane. But, our opponent didn't escape unscathed. Even though it looked like Giratina could keep going forever, I saw the slightest of chinks in its near impenetrable armour.

"Hmph, enough of this, they're nearly done. Giratina use shadow force again."

In silence, the renegade pokemon faded into the shadow world, slipping into another dimension. Dragonite kept her eyes fixed on her surroundings, careful not to get caught out a second time.

In sync, the two of us closed our eyes, feeling our auras vibrate in time with each other. I felt her warm gold aura over mine, the two of us focusing on the invisible disturbances around us. But we were quickly overwhelmed by Giratina's near boundless aura. It wasn't possible to detect our opponent in the shadow world because its vast aura masked everything.

Then it happened again. Giratina charged through the shadowy portal, crashing into Dragonite. This time, the dragon pokemon was able to save herself before she crashed into the palace, returning to the skies. Both pokemon stared each other down, neither showing any signs of slowing down.

"Dream eater now Giratina."

"Use outrage to keep them back!"

The moment before the void became drowned in a wave of psychic energy, Dragonite cloaked herself in a mystical multicoloured light. Using her innate draconic abilities, the dragon pokemon was able to dispel the powerful psychic attack, the void returning to its empty self.