A Pokemon's Dream

"Aaron? Aaron, is that you? Oh Arceus it is!"

Elaine's familiar voice echoed through the winding cave tunnels. The exit was just ahead, light creeping in at the edges of the cave. I navigated the rocky terrain, jumping a few ledges, before exiting through the mountain's entrance.

Dawn was stood beside the light blonde, both girls looking particularly concerned. They both jumped forward, wrapping their arms around me nearly taking me by surprise. It took a moment for me to get them to calm down, the two girls hesitant to step away.

The volcano had stopped erupting and if I was correct, it would stay dormant for a very, very long time. Although, it still wasn't safe for people to return to the island, thick volcanic ash still covering the skies.

"Hey, can you guys see that?"

I followed Dawn's gaze, turning to the skies. As I focused my vision into the distance, I could see the shadows of something in the sky. The longer I looked, it became clear that it was approaching us, with great speed at that.

The shadows burst through the ash clouds, now in clear view. There wasn't one creature, rather they were four winged pokemon. At the head of the group, there was a large orange scaled dragon with great, broad wings. Even from this distance, I recognised the pokemon and the trainer on his back.

As I looked to the three bird pokemon behind the trainer, I recognised them to the legendary birds of the Kanto region. They were all flying in sync, following the lead of the trainer.

"We'll meet them at the bottom of the mountain."

I spoke up, already starting my descent from the mountain. The girls quickly followed as we made our way down from Mount Stark. It didn't take long for us to arrive at the clearing we landed in earlier. As I looked upward, I could see the four flying pokemon descending from the skies.

"Red! Red! Get your ass down here!"

Dawn stepped forward, shouting up to the trainer as he descended slowly from the skies. I looked up toward Red seeing that his aura glowed with a similar vibrant gold to Dawn's and I's. The silent trainer tried to hide behind Charizard, away from the blunette below.

But there was no escape from Dawn's grasp as the four pokemon landed. The blunette immediately rushed over to get her hands on Red who was helpless against her. Elaine and I slowly followed, seeing that Dawn was shaking the poor boy from his shoulders.

"What do you expect? You keep disappearing and now you're just here out of nowhere again?"

After getting that off her chest, Dawn seemed much calmer. She took a step back, taking a deep breath before looking back toward Red. Sheepishly, he rubbed the back of his head, turning away slightly as if he knew Dawn was right.

"At least you're still in one piece. But don't think of doing that again."

Red nodded, before turning to face Elaine and I. He seemed a little embarrassed after realising that we had seen everything but those feelings were quickly washed away. He quickly turned to the three legendary birds behind him who were roosting peacefully.

Elaine and I understood what he meant as he climbed back atop Charizard. I had to drag Dawn away from Red's side, Articuno lowering its neck to allow the blunette onto its back. Before I climbed onto Zapdos' back I reached into my bag, pulling out one of the communication devices that Cynthia's grandmother had given us. Nothing needed to be said between us as he slipped the watch onto his wrist, nodding in understanding.

Elaine was already sat atop Moltress and as I climbed onto Zapdos, the four flying pokemon quickly took to the skies.

The journey across the calm ocean waters was quick, the four pokemon cutting through the air at insane speeds. A few minutes later and the mainland was finally in sight. Red and his Charizard took off from the rest of us, speeding toward the mainland below. The legendary birds followed, picking up speed as we neared our destination.