Desperate Measures

"...!"

"Hmph, Thundurus use discharge!"

The genie pokemon responded quickly, emitting a powerful blast of electricity in response to Articuno's ancient power attack. Both attacks countered each other, creating a huge explosion in the middle of the road. Fortunately, the police had cleared the area out, giving Red and his pokemon all the space they needed to exercise their real power.

"Use thunder!"

The skies split open and before Red could call out a counter, a huge blast of lightning crashed onto Articuno. The legendary bird shook off the powerful move much to Saturn's surprise. Even from where I was stood, I could tell that he felt uneasy after seeing how easily his opponent disregarded the powerful move.

"...!"

Thundurus had no time to evade as Articuno connected directly with a powerful ice beam attack. The genie pokemon crashed to the ground, part of his body frozen solid. Saturn grimaced before calling out for Thundurus to continue the battle. In no time, the legendary pokemon returned to the skies, letting out a powerful battle cry to show that he was still far from done.

Red only motioned with his arm but that was all he needed to do for Articuno to follow his earlier attack with another powerful ice beam. This time Thundurus was equal to the move, countering with an equally strong focus blast attack.

"Don't let up, Thundurus use thunder again!"

"...!"

Once again, the skies split open as the clouds began to spark overhead. Then, just as the bolt of lightning came crashing down, Articuno countered with blizzard. The arctic bird directed the icy gale wind upward to counter the electric attack.

Both attacks collided mid air, way above the city, creating an explosion that could be seen from miles away. The coming together of two insanely powerful attacks caused a huge shockwave which nearly took the top story of the department store clean off the building.

"...!"

Articuno wasn't letting up, cloaking itself in a deep blue light. Then in the blink of an eye, the legendary bird crashed into Thundurus, sending the genie pokemon crashing into a tree on the side of the road. This time, Thundurus was furious, enraged that he was being pushed around like nothing.

Saturn looked a little nervous, unsure how to deal with this pokemon while it was in an enraged state. Thundurus' newfound anger seemed to awaken something within Tornadus, both pokemon letting out deafening battle cries. Both genie pokemon returned to the battle, staring down Articuno and Red.

The silent trainer didn't seemed fazed at all, even in the face of two enraged legendary pokemon. Articuno landed on the road in front of its trainer, patiently waiting for its next move.

From where I was stood, it was clear that Red was in his element. His full focus was on the battle and there wasn't a single moment where I thought he wasn't in control. This resounding strength and battling prowess reminded me of Aaron, and how I hadn't seen him since this fight had broken out.

Team Galactic were holding off the police who had arrived on the scene, keeping them from entering the building. That was the last I had seen of Aaron. He hadn't regrouped with us but there wasn't a doubt in my mind that he was doing just fine wherever he was.

"Now you've gone and done it Saturn!"

A voice called out to the Galactic admin. The blue haired commander had a look of shock on his face, his eyes narrowing for a second. There was a screeching in the air and as I looked up, a red and white scaled pokemon soared overhead.