Nightmare World II

"Dawn!" I called out to the blunette as she laid on the floor. "Dawn, we need to get out of here, it's not safe."

I rushed over to her side, Primarina providing back up for Empoleon as the grunts kept coming. As I dropped to my knees by Dawn's side, I could see that she was unconscious, blood staining her white beanie. Thankfully, she was still alive, just knocked out from the impact. Without wasting another second, I called out Espeon so she could use her psychic abilities to move Dawn to a safer space.

"Wh-What's going on?" The blunette slowly awoke, stirring in the air as Espeon carried her. Dawn looked around, quickly understanding the situation. "E-Elaine? Where's Red?"

I looked up from Dawn, my gaze turning to the middle of the road. My eyes flicked between the two pokemon at the entrance who were keeping the Galactic grunts penned in and the two trainers down the road. The battle raged on in the middle of the street, Red facing two legendary pokemon.

"We have to help, Red's outmatched!"

Just before I could stand to my feet, I felt Dawn's hand grab onto my arm. Confused, I turned to her, reminding her that we needed to get out of here as soon as possible.

"S-Stay back, Elaine." Her deep blue eyes were fixed on the battle ahead. "I'm serious."

I turned to the two trainers who were readying themselves for their battle. Articuno was still circling the skies above the two legendary genie pokemon. Dawn's grip was firm and I could tell she wasn't going to let go any time soon.

"You'll only get in his way, trust me."

---

"Dragonite? Dragonite, where are you!"

My voice felt faint as I searched through the dark, thick, fog. I couldn't even see my hands in front of my face, even when I activated my ocular powers. Slowly, I moved through the fog, careful where I placed my next step.

Not even a minute later, I heard Dragonite's familiar voice call out to me. Without hesitating, I spun on my heels, facing the direction where I heard the dragon pokemon's voice. Once again, Dragonite called out to me and I wasted no more time before taking off in pursuit of her.

"Aaron."

There it was. That same voice called out to me again. Then it came again, echoing all around me in the thick fog. Slowly, the gloomy clouds stirred and in the distance, I could see something approaching where I was stood.

As the shrouded figure came closer, I could see that it wasn't Dragonite. The fog around me had started to thin out but still I couldn't make out much of the distant figure.

"I know it's you Darkrai, show yourself."

The distant figure faded into the fog before reappearing closer, and closer still. Darkrai was stood a few feet across from me, bathed in the dark clouds. The nightmare pokemon floated in the air silently, watching me carefully.

"It's been a while since I last saw you, I was starting to think you forgot about me."

I didn't expect any sort of response in particular, but from Darkrai's aura, I could see that he didn't hate my sense of humour. Quietly, the dark type raised his right arm, as if to ask me to follow him.