Unleashed Potential

"Altaria, let's show everyone how strong we've become!"

The cloud pokemon emerged from her pokeball. The instant Cynthia recognised it to be a shiny variant, I could tell that her full focus was on the battle. Even as a distinguished Champion, the the feeling of seeing a shiny pokemon stayed the same.

"Roserade, we'll show Elaine why we're the Champions."

As the flower pokemon emerged from her pokeball, the tension was tangible. She emerged with a serene grace, her strength clear for everyone to see. This caught the attention of both Arcanine and Empoleon who both sat up, getting a clear view of Roserade.

"Alright, Altaria, start with dragon pulse!"

Elaine started the battle with an intensity that I didn't expect from her. Quickly, the dragon pokemon moved into action, firing a beam of multicoloured energy. Roserade swiftly evaded the attack, moving as if she still had another level. I could tell Cynthia was feeling out her opponent, judging how seriously she should take the battle.

"Altaria, use sing!"

Roserade easily evaded the slow move, jumping into the air to move out of the way.

"Now! Dragon pulse!"

With nowhere to dodge, the flower pokemon was hit directly by the powerful dragon move. She landed on the grassy floor gently, looking a little more serious. I could tell this caught Cynthia's attention and she wanted nothing more than to hold nothing back.

"Sludge bomb, Roserade."

As the flower pokemon manifested a huge mess of sludge, she launched the attack multiple times. Altaria was able to evade the first attack easily, but the successive moves were becoming more difficult to dodge.

"Now power whip!"

Roserade jumped into the air, attacking with an extended vine like arm, connecting with the move. Altaria fell to the ground but quickly returned to the skies, ready to battle. I could see that Elaine wasn't going to lose so easily but she was battling against one of history's best trainers.

"Again, use sludge bomb."

Once more, the flower pokemon initiated the process again. I could clearly see what Cynthia was doing but before Altaria was pressured in any way, she countered with a powerful hurricane attack. The rapid winds easily overpowered the poison attack, sweeping up Roserade.

As the winds dissipated high in the air, Roserade was left to fall from the skies. Within seconds, Elaine had already reversed the desperate situation she was in, Cynthia now on the back foot.

"Altaria, use moonblast!"

"Use power whip to counter!"

While in the air, the flower pokemon shifted her body as Altaria launched her attack. In one swift motion, Roserade had pulled herself out of the way, evading the move fairly easy. Now, the grass pokemon was in control of her descent but I had a feeling Elaine wouldn't let up.

"Dragon pulse, Altaria, then use sing!"

Elaine seemed to be well in her flow, controlling the battle easily. As I looked closely at her, I could see that she was moving with more confidence which was rubbing off on the battle. Altaria was not only able to keep pace with Roserade, but was currently dominating the fight.

"Dazzling gleam, Roserade, then leaf storm!"

All of a sudden, a blinding flash engulfed the flower pokemon all the way in the sky. As the light died down, the dragon attack had been countered. The moment Roserade landed on the grassy floor, she sprung forward, a storm of razor sharp leaves ready at her say.