Draconic Power

"Hoopa use hyperspace fury!"

Waves of dark ominous energy poured out from the djinn pokemon's body, engulfing the throne room in a black shadow. A large gold ring swirled behind Hoopa as the psychic type faded into the portal. Time stopped flowing as the portal pokemon emerged behind Sceptile, assailing the forest pokemon from all angles.

As the shadowed background faded and the throne room returned to view, Sceptile was thrust into a black stone pillar. The forest pokemon slowly stood back to his feet, the pillar behind him crumbling into dust.

Sceptile's immense speed was his greatest asset but our opponent had the ability to bypass it. With the ability to teleport, Hoopa had the advantage over us but the look in the forest pokemon's eye told me he wasn't ready to give up just yet.

"Now use gunk shot."

"Counter with dragon pulse!"

Hoopa pooled a sphere of toxic energy in its palms, firing its attack as Sceptile countered. The beam of draconic energy crashed into the poison move, both pokemon held to a stalemate.

Then Sceptile's body began to glow with a faint jade light as his aura burned brighter. He poured more energy into his move, the multicoloured light growing in size and taking on the shape of a dragon. Hoopa's attack was overpowered, the djinn pokemon with no time to react as it was forced to the floor for the first time.

As Hoopa returned to the battle, it let out a deafening roar, shaking the palace to its core. The King had a serious look on his face, undoubtedly surprised to see Sceptile overpower the portal pokemon even after battling twice before.

"Don't let up Sceptile! Follow with leaf blade!"

There was a sonic boom as the forest pokemon surged forward. He became a blur as he charged across the throne room, the blades on his arm growing in size as they glowed a floral green.

At the last second, Hoopa managed to escape into a portal but as he did, I noticed that time didn't slow to a crawl. Sceptile kept his wits about him, waiting for his opponent to strike from anywhere.

"Focus blast Hoopa."

"Dragon pulse straight down!"

Before Hoopa emerged from its portal, I made the call, sensing its ominous aura under Sceptile's feet. At once, the forest pokemon leapt into the air, firing a huge beam of pure draconic energy directly at the floor.

As the portal opened, Sceptile's attack disappeared into it, Hoopa nowhere to be found. But we didn't have any time to relax, the forest pokemon still in mid air as another portal opened up behind him.

There was no time for me to call out what was happening but Sceptile was ready. Still in mid air, the forest pokemon adjusted his body, arching his back as the sphere of raw energy crashed into the wall of the throne room.

"Hmph, hyperspace hole now Hoopa."

The moment Sceptile landed on the floor, the background became a blank white. Time slowed to a crawl as Hoopa emerged, ready to attack,

As the djinn pokemon swung his arm, I could have sworn I saw Sceptile follow his opponent with his eyes. At the last second, the forest pokemon appeared to move slightly but it wasn't enough as Hoopa's attack connected.

Sceptile was quick to his feet, time returning to its normal flow. He let out an assertive roar, showing that it would take more than that for him to hit the canvas. I only needed one glance to know that he was slowly catching up with his opponent.