Destruction

An air of silence settled on Spear Pillar, the two fabled pokemon ominously watching from a distance as the masked man turned to face me.

"Even you can't defeat these legendary titans!"

Charizard turned to me, seeing an uncertain expression on my face. He grunted in my direction, pulling me out of my thoughts as we made eye contact. For a moment I had lost myself in the face of such daunting opposition but with my pokemon at my side I knew we would emerge victorious no matter what was thrown our way.

Seeing that the masked man wasn't going to play fair, I released the other five pokemon who had all been eagerly awaiting their turn to battle.

The legendary birds took to the skies, basking in the clear weather and the bright sun. Rayquaza didn't waver at the sight, its own enormous power overflowing from its glowing jade body. The gaea pokemon stepped forward, the mountain shaking with each step Regigigas took.

"Heed my word, Regigigas! Stone edge!"

Before I could even blink, a storm of jagged rocks had appeared around the colossal pokemon. Moltress and Zapdos descended from the skies, ready to counter the powerful attack.

The flame pokemon let out a piercing shriek as a thick wave of heat covered the plateau. Zapdos' body was engulfed in an electrifying light as it followed with its own discharge attack. The two moves melted into each other, the scorching storm sparking violently as it crashed into Regigigas' stone edge storm.

A cloud of dust kicked up over Spear Pillar, Articuno using its long wings to clear the way for us. We couldn't afford to fight defensively and my team knew this too. The three birds surged forward taking the lead as they subjected the colossal titan to a barrage of close range attacks in quick succession.

Regigigas didn't seem fazed by the onslaught, standing tall as the legendary birds didn't let up. The titan took one step forward, slowed by the three pokemon circling it. Then another, slower than the last.

I turned to Charizard and Mew who had been waiting for my call. A quick nod was all I needed to tell them to keep Rayquaza out of the picture for now so that we could focus on Regigigas. Both pokemon took to the skies, meeting the jade serpent above the mountain's summit, locked into a tense stare down.

"Hmph what a pitiful attempt to stop this incredulous titan! Regigigas use superpower to crush this mountain!"

The colossal pokemon wrapped itself in a hot red steam, throwing the legendary birds off its shoulder, creating space for itself. I knew that I couldn't let anything happen to the field or everyone else would be crushed under the weight of the collapsing mountain.

I knew what I had to do but I couldn't bring myself to throw any of my pokemon under the steamroller that was Regigigas. Not even the barrage from the three legendary birds could slow down this titan and yet I was supposed to stop it.

Then a blur of navy blue flashed across my vision and as Regigigas brought both hands down over its head, Snorlax had thrown itself in the way of the attack. Using both hands, the normal type was keeping the colossal pokemon at bay, the two locked into a tense stalemate.

The sheer weight of Regigigas began to overpower Snorlax, the ancient floor beneath his feet slowly caving in under his weight. But the normal type didn't give up, pouring his all into keeping the mountain intact even at his own cost.

"...!"

I called out, pouring my heart into supporting the normal type as he fought an uphill battle to balance out Regigigas' primal power. Then Snorlax let out a bellowing roar, echoing throughout the mountain, his muscles tensing as he started the counter attack.