CHAPTER 5

EVA

Ugh! Fuck.

This coffee tastes like shit. I think I have added salt instead of sugar. Throwing the coffee into the sink and I started to find the cereals. Fuck. We don’t have milk. Argh!

I have been swearing today since I woke up. My head hurts like hell and I can’t even blame anyone. 

“I am not drinking ever again.” I say to no one pulling my hair, then walk to my room and sit down on the bed.

“Here take this. You will feel better” Emily entered the room after some time with a glass of water and some aspirins and kept them on the bedside table. 

“Oh! Thanks E…” she cut me off “And I know you need coffee so get ready fast I made it” she rolled her eyes before leaving the room.

“Love you Em” I shout at her retreating figure. She always knows what I want. 

I took the medicine and then headed inside the shower. I feel the need to clean myself as I remember the man touching me. Ugh! How did I let him? This is the first time I have drank that much and the fact that getting drunk makes me horny is new for me. I am not drinking so much again. Having no control over my actions is just not okay for me.

I take a long shower and then wear a sky blue dress. One day without dressing professional at a meeting resulted into a fight. I don’t want any more drama. I straighten my hair and applied some eyeliner and lip balm. Then I made my way into the kitchen and saw a cup of coffee ready on the table. 

“What do you think? Will Mr. Knight accept the deal?” I turn my head towards the window leaning against the head rest. We left for office immediately after the coffee.

“Whatever he does he better stay away from you.” Emily said as we stopped at the red light.

I nodded my head. My phone went off. “It's Mr. Walker” I grinned as I picked up the call. I hear Emily swear before the cheerful voice of my boss greets me.

“Good morning Eva”

“Good morning Mr. Walker. What can I do for you?” I glanced at my friend who is trying not to listen. Her eyes were on the road as she drives but I know her ears are fully on my conversation.

“I wanted to inform you that today I’ll not be there at the office as I have some work. You just have to attend the meeting at 1pm and then you are free.” Oh!

“And yes we are meeting Mr. Knight at a restaurant at 8pm sharp to discuss as he has accepted the deal. I'll text you the location. Also don’t worry I’ll make sure he behaves.” 

Oh no!

“Sir I w…” he cut me off” We’ll talk later Eva I have to go.” Emily’s eyes flickered at me before focusing back on the road. 

“Okay sir” I was about to cut the call when I hear him say something. 

“Sorry sir I didn’t get you”

“Oh! I… said you can bring your friend if you want.” His voice and the stuttering made it clear that he is nervous and wanted to say this for a long time. “Yes sir I will” I said and felt him exhale.

“Bye Eva and thank you “he muttered and hung up the call. I chuckled at his behavior. I hear Emily clear her throat and look at her. I just smile at her knowing she wants the details and then turned to look out of the window. She huffed and kept on driving. When we reached the office, she parked the car and turned towards me.

“Eva…” she called out and looks at me asking me to speak by her eyes. I still kept looking at her with a frown and an innocent look knowing how it will irritate her.