CHAPTER 36

Life turned upside down.
Screams, screams all around.
Thoughts were so loud.
    I couldn't hear my own                mouth.                      —Sash

*****

EVA

Marriage.

A simple word but it’s fucked up in every situation. Whoever gets married is ruined for life is what I used to hear. Some people say it is like a trap where a person loses their freedom, their dreams and their true self. 

Yes, for sure but I think it entirely depends upon with whom and under what circumstances one is getting married. From my parents marriage life, I have learnt that, it is a great feeling—love, togetherness and compassion. 

Marriage is not easy. It takes compromise, sacrifice, you should be willing to make it work and submit to the process. 

It’s just that not everyone gets the happy part. Probably it might be because of one’s past karma or probably these are just my thoughts. But I can literally see my life getting ruined. 

For everyone, it seems that we—I mean Daniel and I are so happy together, in love. But, the reality is… is screwed up.

I had plans, I had dreams, and none of them included me being forced into a marriage where I would never find love, where the man is so fucked up that even if I try I won’t be able to truly understand him.

But this was the truth, me getting ready for an important day in my life, my fake marriage. So without complaining, I got into the dress, my wedding dress. 

Hannah tightened the loops, fitting me perfectly into the perfect dress while Jason went through the cases filled with jewellery. He unlocked the brief-cases, revealing the several pieces of extravagant diamond jewellery. He delicately lifted them and put them on me, gushing. 

Even they looked more excited than me. I glanced at the untouched phone lying on the dresser and sighed.

Don’t forget you’ll be Mrs. Daniel Knight.

 “Okay Done” I heard Hannah say as she took a step back from me, her eyes glistening as she gazed at me. She smiled, proudly as I look at myself in the mirror. “Eva, you’re the most gorgeous bride I have ever seen.” 

I shook my head at her. “And you are too kind to say that.” I turned around to her before looking back into the mirror.

She is right, I do look beautiful. 

I let myself smile a little, trying to hide the hurt evident in my eyes. That’s it. I am not gonna be sad anymore. I have put my trust in God and I believe that he’ll take care of me.

I blink a few times. I can’t just give up, I can’t let him win. I have to be strong and not let his words affect me. I may be a simple girl, who came here to explore but I won’t let others believe I am lesser than them. Now that I will be his wife, whether I want it or not, better do it to my best ability. 

This is my marriage, a beautiful day of my life. I won’t let such a special day get ruined

Turning around, my smile widened as I hugged Hannah, gratefully. “You are the best, you know that right.” 

Hannah chuckles hugging me back, careful not wanting to spoil anything. “Thank you guys,” I smiled softly at the both of them. 

When they were sure everything was done perfectly, they decided to leave me, to spend some alone time with myself before I am being called. For a few minutes, I sat down on the edge of the bed and kept staring out of the window.