CHAPTER 26

RAISE YOUR HAND IF YOU LIKE ME.
WHAT IF I DON'T?
THEN RAISE YOUR STANDARDS.
*****

EVA

"Ms. Wilson, we are sorry to disturb you but we request you to come with us" I sigh as my eyes notice the word carved on their right side of their uniform. Knight

I look at Ryan who was still confused and point at the suits with my eyes. The moment he realises who the men are he grins.

Without getting up, I ask the men, "Will it be okay if I come when I am done?"

"Mr. Knight won't like that but if you insist we will wait for you at the entrance" the other man says, nodding his head at me.

I roll my eyes but get up, straightening my dress. I really don't want the people staring at me. I pulled out my card from my purse and hold it in front of Ryan.

"It was a friendly dinner so I should pay equally" I smile at him but he shakes his head grinning. "I have an account with this restaurant and it is a direct transaction between us. So the bill is already paid"

I narrow my eyes at him but then keep my card back in my purse. "Next time I won't let you pay"

He chuckles getting up, "I am glad there is a next time"

I wanted to continue talking with my new found friend but the tense look on the men's face stopped me.

After thanking Ryan and apologizing for having to cut our dinner short, I follow the men out of the diner. They lead me to a familiar sports car and one of the men open the door for me. I saw Daniel sitting on the other side, facing the front. I slide into the seat beside him and the door closed.

When I look again at my fiancé, he is still looking away from me. He has not spared a single glance at me. Is he so angry? Am I in trouble?

I wanted to ask where he is taking me when Bentley starts the car but Daniel ignores my presence and nods to his driver through the rear view mirror.

The car ride is silent and uncomfortable as I stare out of the window. I don't feel Daniel's gaze on me.

I realise we are heading towards his office when the car takes turn towards that direction. When we reach, Bentley opens the door for me and Daniel gets out himself.

He ignores me again as he strides away inside the huge dim-lighted building which looks scarier now at night.

I turn to Bentley who smiles at me sympathetically but then nods in the direction his boss went. I sigh before following him through the dark entrance and to the private elevator.

I never used this one.

You only came here twice before.

Whatever.

I put a break on my thoughts and stand in the corner. When the door to the elevator opens he walks out and I stupidly follow him, trying to keep up with his long strides.

He unlocks the door to his office cabin and goes inside. When I am in, he turns back and locks the door.

I gulp as I realise we are the only two people in this whole damn building and still he locked the door. Bentley might still be there in the parking lot but will he hear me if I scream?

Why will you scream?

Of course for help.

He finally looks at me as he removes his suit jacket and throws it on the couch.