CHAPTER 23

When someone says,
"Expect the unexpected"
Slap them and ask,
"You didn't expect that did you"
*****
EVA

I have been sitting here for like two hours now and believe me my legs feel dead. Telling myself that it will be over now, I take a few deep breaths. 

I look into the mirror at my makeup artist, Hannah, going through the different pallets, and then she picks up the two glass containers of highlighter and chooses between them. She decides to go with the gold one and applies it on my brow bones, cheekbones and near my lips.

She asked me what brands I would like to use and what look I want for my eyes and lips. I decided to go with the nude look for the eye shadows and lips and pink for the blush.

I noticed how costly all these cosmetics are, all from expensive brands.

I move my eyes to my hairstylist, Jason, who was currently singing a song I have no idea about. He has not stopped with his singing since he started and it is at the point where I don’t even know the language. How does Hannah tolerate him?

He finally stops and sprays my hair with the hairspray. He checks the hairdo and gives a flying kiss at his work. He sighs, “I’m in love with your hair, they listen to me”

I laugh, careful not to disturb Hannah who is engrossed in her work on my face. “Thank you, Jason”

I glance at the elegant dress neatly kept on my bed. Don’t ask me the price because I have no idea about it.

When Hannah is done with the makeup, they let me stand up to flex my legs. I stretch myself finally relieved. I am not a person who can sit for hours patiently.

But the result was worth the pain. I look at myself in the mirror and admire their efforts as they grin at each other. I hear them gush about how mesmerizing I look and a smile breaks on my face.

My face looks amazing and flawless. It looks natural with a glow. I lift my hand to touch my skin, it feels so beautiful. Splendid job. My hair is left open with light curls at the end; the middle part is tied up in a perfectly formed hairstyle. It looks gorgeous.

I smile and turn back hugging the both of them. “It is amazing, thank you”

They hug me back. Hannah sprays my face with the setting spray and grins, “I am sure Mr. Knight won’t be able to stay away from you.” She claps her hands.

Jason smirks before pushing her out of my room. “We don’t want your fiancé to kill us for being late, now do we sweetheart? Get into the dress and call us when you are done” I nod my head at him, chuckling as he closed the door behind him.

Seeing me and Daniel together at the restaurant last Sunday, the media confirmed our relationship. I had to make my social media accounts private as I suddenly became famous. Thousands of messages and requests flooded my account.

Women sent me threats. Some saying they will kill me, some asking how he is bed and some telling me how Daniel is just using me. Like I don’t know. 

Worst part was I even got a few messages from some female celebrities and models telling me how good he uses his body and that they still fantasize him fucking them. I know he has slept with several women but reading such messages feels disgusting. 

Hearing such things from another woman about the man you are going to marry is painful even though it is a fake marriage.

Men felt like it was the best time to tell me how beautiful I was and how I was ruining my life marrying Daniel.